theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Any one fancy a Sunspot 180 (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=27263)

stamford 13-02-14 11:37 AM

:laugh: stirrer!

Roverload 13-02-14 02:24 PM

I'll look after her dean, amazingly the original owner got in touch on piston heads and sent some photos of when it was brand new, still looks exactly the same now as it did then!

Roverload 13-02-14 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 332163)
Not the best 'hello' post is it? Slagging off a respected member who has clearly proved he was not doing as you stated but was offering some friendly advice. 'Whatever' is not an apology in my book just a teenage reply to a parent or elder who has little respect.

Whatever wasn't supposed to be an apology. And it isn't "slagging off" as you so eloquently put it. I wasn't happy, I got the impression he was trying to sell me something that I don't need, and he suggested there are issues I may not have known about, what do you think would have gone through my head after that message? Maybe the person I bought the car off it untrustworthy? Maybe it's a nail or there's something untoward gone on with it? I'm a big fan of minding your own business and that is all I have to say and that is all I will say, I would have just left it where I did but seeing as you seem to want an explanation there it is. I like your website, it'll be a useful tool to me and the people seem nice (not to mention the fellow banana mobile owners) but if you don't like that then ban me I guess...

peterzs 13-02-14 03:14 PM

We are a friendly bunch on here, but look after our own.

Cant remember the last time we waved the big stick at anyone, but we do, and will.

Maybe put this behind us and start afresh.

You seem to have some good ideas and plans, so I'm sure you will be a useful and welcome member.

Roverload 13-02-14 04:56 PM

I call that a plan. So afresh. I'm ian, 28 from Cornwall, I'm a courier / training boat builder / marine engineer. I like cars and boats, not much else to say. Nice to meet you all!

mrmick 13-02-14 05:23 PM

Welcome aboard buddy , best forum on net

peterzs 13-02-14 05:43 PM

Hi Ian and :hi:

Plenty of help on here, if needed.

Waiting to see the rust protection "How to".

:happy2::happy2::happy2:

Maxfly 13-02-14 08:49 PM

how do and welcome, looking forward to the rust protection thread. Can have a good guess on some of the areas that will be covered:)

Steven11 14-02-14 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roverload (Post 332223)
I call that a plan. So afresh. I'm ian, 28 from Cornwall, I'm a courier / training boat builder / marine engineer. I like cars and boats, not much else to say. Nice to meet you all!

Hi ian. I use to work for a Fairline/Sealine dealer. Love boats, my old boss had a Fairline Squadron 75. It was some piece of kit. Always remember each tank cost about £600 to fill and it took about an hour and a half fill because once one tank was full we had to spin the boat round to fill the other. Was a total pain in the arse.