theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   So What Do We Do For A Job? (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=192)

SimonMGZS 26-01-08 06:53 PM

i am currently working for sealey power products in bury st edmunds as a service engineer

i have worked for them since 2001 and the work is varied.

i have attached this link so people can have a look

http://www.sealey.co.uk/PLPageBuilde...GuestHomepage&

afcbadam 26-01-08 07:05 PM

gas fitter (and a bluddy good one)

Mat C 26-01-08 07:54 PM

Started out as a decorator in 1994 then joined the Army (Royal Engineers) in 1996. Got medicaly discharged (shattered ankle) and got into doorman work at some local pubs and clubs whilst still doing a bit of decorating to top the wages up ! Then in 2005 after the July bombings in London i was asked to work at the BBC television centre as a close protection guard (bodyguard basicly). Was a good job but a restless one so i have now returned to decorating full time ! Not quite as exciting as being a CP guard but it's steady money, good hours and easy-ish ! :)

Maxfly 26-01-08 09:08 PM

At the moment i am a print finisher working for Nevisprint in Fort William, have been for near 10 years now, 9 of them night shift:sheep: Redundancy's looming but reckon i will be ok as i am about the hardest working ******* in my department and know my machines inside and out - one of the few who will try and fix em when they break down. Also been training to be a driving instructor, past first two test no bother but failed the final one in november and the first test has lapsed so have to do all three again:axe:

ZS B19LYB 26-01-08 10:52 PM

dnt think av answred this one lol. here goes anyway am a full time student studying business computing at cov uni and work as a sales consultant at Phones 4 u part time.

grimmy 26-01-08 11:24 PM

Fully trained Gardener to hnc level, work for a local authority which is crap, started in recent months to get into the training side of it so now helping out delivering vq's in horticulture to school kids which is pretty cool but have to go back to my normal crap after it recently applied to become a train driver less hassle twice the wages so fingers crossed

RalphG 26-01-08 11:43 PM

I can't believe that I've missed this one. Well, most of you know what I do...

I run an XPart AutoService Centre in Kent (between Sittingbourne and Rainham). I am the Managing Director and major share holder ;)

Prior to running this garage I used to be in IT. My last job was suporting a programming language. I also, at times, made changes to it, particularly in the area of the database interface.

BTW Halski is the guy in the bright coloured rubber gloves in the two photos.

Fez 27-01-08 10:15 AM

I work for EDS on Oracle HRMS and Payroll System. Its good fun and I am currently on the biggest Oracle enterprise in the world.

JIMZS180 27-01-08 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MGZS55 (Post 1677)
I'm lost with sammy's role!!

I'm currently a call centre team leader, have been for over 5 years. Before that I was a jack of all trades - whatever paid the bills. I've packed biscuits, built PC's, been a nationwide 24 hour on call courier driver, constructed fences, been a gas fitters mate - factory work etc. Settled with the call centre thing though - you meet everyone and I really enjoy it!!

currently in a similar role..dept leader in Norwich Union working in partnership with Barclays Bank......sounds grand but just means ..you phone them and get us!!!!!!

Xpower Grey 03 27-01-08 12:35 PM

Looking to sit my final interview to become a RICS Chartered Quantity Surveyor. Currently employed by Urban Vision, public private partnership between Salford City Council, Capita Symons and Morrison Construction (although I handed in my notice just over a week) Going back to private practice, money and work exp. too inviting (who knows maybe purchase a 180)

previous carreer was a building services enginneer, heating, electrics etc.