theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Poor ZS:( (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=15131)

Ritchy 31-12-10 02:57 PM

Poor ZS:(

my poor zs is hurted, slidey road abs kicked in and car spun sideways, nearly stopped but hit the back of another car with the back n/s of my car:(
damage to my car, 2 bent suspension arms, one completly buckled, rear quater and arch bent, bumper spat smashed and arch spat smashed,
other car, rear bumper no damage underneath
so gutted but il fix the suspension then get her fixed, got an arch coming, probably get the full bodykit, doors and back end painted,
?600 to sort the other uys car, could have got it done cheaper but wanted to keep him happy so he didnt want to go through insurance

lawrence-zs180 31-12-10 03:04 PM

ahhh dude that blows sorry to hear about the zed dude, hope your ok though at least you have the tools and skill to fix her up.

Steves Cleenz 31-12-10 03:04 PM

gutted for ya

grimmy 31-12-10 03:04 PM

No sorry to hear that matey your car is lovely hope you get it sorted soon

sarah 31-12-10 03:06 PM

sorry to hear that, are you ok though? :)

Ritchy 31-12-10 03:06 PM

i was glad everyone was okay, it wasnt too hard was surprised just how much damage was done to mine compared to the other car, have to see what bodyshop say about sorting it

Ritchy 31-12-10 03:08 PM

have to say though, space saver saved the day, the wheel was jammed against the strut, so put the spacesaver on and it was narrow enough to limp home

Ritchy 31-12-10 03:17 PM

http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/a...2-31160957.jpg
http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/a...2-31160936.jpg
http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/a...2-31160918.jpg

Steves Cleenz 31-12-10 03:29 PM

a decent dent guy will be able to get the dent out for you

Ritchy 31-12-10 03:33 PM

its damaged underneath as well, need the arch painted as well as the one ive bought is green, know a few bodyshops il get a few quotes, paints chipped away as well at the bumper line, can see as well its dented above the arch, arch itself is out of line just cant see because of the arch,

Jay-ZS+ 31-12-10 03:35 PM

Gutted for you Richy,
As said least you have the know how to get it back on the road.

That suspension really is bent, suppose its not designed to decal with side impacts.

Ritchy 31-12-10 03:41 PM

i was shocked if im honest, but at least it took the hit not the chassis, the top arm is bent in half, going to get stuff out the scrappy just now, make sure everything lines up and then go buy new bits,

peterzs 31-12-10 03:49 PM

Sorry to hear about the poorly ZS, I suppose the suspension going saved any more damage being pushed through to the chassis.

Hope you can get it sorted easily.

I'd get the other driver to sign and date, that he was happy with the repairs and in full and final settlement, when its done.

stamford 31-12-10 03:50 PM

Ouch! poor zed Ritchy. Surprised the other person agreed to you sorting it, not many would do that. At least your know-how will keep the ZS on the road as we all know what could happen.

BUCKYDEVIL 31-12-10 03:55 PM

Your car is looking very sorry for itself in the pics m8.
Gutted for ya and hope it can be sorted.

Ritchy 31-12-10 03:57 PM

i said to him i wwas not going to mess him about, he could choose the bodyshop and id sort a courtesy car if necisary, so we went and got the quote on the 23rd and it was ?600 to get the bumper, have it painted fitted with a new crash bar, theyll paint it and hell come in on a saturday and get it fitted while he waits, saves the courtesy car. so thats it paid for and i have the invoice so thats it done, hell get it all fitted in about 2 weeks time,
i was happy he agreed to it, my excess is ?750 anyway and its my dads traders policy so good chance i would have got bumped off it, have to get my own policy, my car would be wrote off going through insurance, id be a few grand out of pocket at the end of it. was ready for junmping off erkine bridge after it happened though, sickening

andys1981 31-12-10 05:31 PM

a know how ye feel bud,when kel crashed mine,a could hardly sleep,ins probably would have tryed to write it off,slightest dent and because its an mg,they try fob ye off keep us posted mate,and all the best when it comes richy

Ritchy 31-12-10 05:51 PM

deffo a write off insurance wise, theyde want to replace the rear quarter. i just went home and went to sleep, hope never to be in that situation again
thanks for all the support guys, il take a pic of the arm when i replace it, was looking at adjustable ones but just want it on the road for now

Maxfly 31-12-10 06:33 PM

Ach Ritchy bud that's gutting, glad yer ok though bud an you are going to repair your zed:) aw the best and if you want anythig give me a shout an will help if I can:)

Craig 31-12-10 07:34 PM

Absolutely gutted for you mate! Your car was looking great too! As has been said, its a good thing the suspensions taking the brunt of the impact. Thats the kinda camber I used to put on my GT cars!

Glad to hear your getting it all sorted. Good of the other party to let you sort his out for him, ?750 excess would have been a right gutter

leezs110 31-12-10 07:39 PM

Bad luck mate, hope you get it sorted! ;)

Smokey 31-12-10 10:14 PM

Just spotted this thread! Truly gutted mate, glad you managed to get everything sorted out without massive problems!

Dan1971 31-12-10 10:34 PM

Ritchy ! .... Gutted for you pal.

Nightmare to happen at this time of year. Glad no-one was hurt.

KevG 31-12-10 11:47 PM

The damage is easily sorted dude, any bodyshop worth there salt will fix it, as for the suspension damage, the 45/ZS is soft same as the Honda Civic as to which it is based.

Southside_ZS 01-01-11 12:55 PM

Rear suspension on the ZS absorbes the impacts quite well without causing chassis damage. This was my old ZS. Hard to tell by the pic but it was a hell of alot more bent than yours is.lol Mine wouldnt even turn with the spacesaver on. Still got it back on the road though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...Picture293.jpg

Ritchy 01-01-11 01:24 PM

Aye as well it does really as its all bolt on easy to source bits, thanks everyone again for tje support

p_b82 02-01-11 04:13 PM

Sorry to read about the hit.. glad to see that you can get it sorted though, and the third party is not being a bit of an ass!

Glad you're ok too.. seen a few cars quite far off the road with the recent cold weather!

Ritchy 20-01-11 03:37 PM

wee update...arch has arived(still need bumper spat)
bought a brand new bosch 53 Ah battery beast! old ones died over the last few weeks n is knackered,

took a wee cheeky half day today as work was quiet n headed off to scrappies in the freezing fog..the one i usually go to woodyard up gartoharn only had a civic which didnt really bother me but it was an M reg so pretty old, so went down carberrys in dumbarton had a w reg 45 sitting there, guy lifted it up with forklift for me, stuck some wheels under so i could get under, bish bash bosh off came trailing arm, hub and 3 support arms, and an arch liner for the grand total of ?25! trailing arm bush had seen better days so just purchased a new genuine one to fit, so hopefully have back on the road next week, il get dent guy to take the dent out for now pending a respray hopefully summer/tail end of the year., keep you updated with piccys when i strip the old arm off

oh n scorpion cat back going on her as well when i get it off david hopefully sunday!

BUCKYDEVIL 20-01-11 03:52 PM

Good luck with getting it back on the road m8.

Hambo-180 20-01-11 03:57 PM

hey Ritchy just been reading this post....sorry to hear bout your motor mate, hope you get it back to its former glory!!

Maxfly 20-01-11 04:01 PM

nice one mate, ye will have her ship shape in nae time:)

Ritchy 20-01-11 04:03 PM

cheers guysies:D

Jay-ZS+ 20-01-11 04:06 PM

There were a load of spats on fleebay last I looked which one are you after?

Ritchy 20-01-11 04:57 PM

the nsr bumper one mate, theyre all away now, well last time i looked they where, no real rush for it as itll no be getting fitted till the cars getting sprayed

lawrence-zs180 20-01-11 05:18 PM

there back on again dude.. not sure what bit your on about so here is both lol.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MG-ZS-NSR-DOOR...item564225be43
No cant find the other one sorry..

Ritchy 20-01-11 05:24 PM

alas thats the door one, found the matching bumper one with that kit but its from a 5 door:( il get one before the respray im sure:) chers anyway bud:)

lawrence-zs180 20-01-11 05:26 PM

never have any luck hunting for bits for your motor do I haha

Ritchy 20-01-11 05:27 PM

i still apreciate that you are looking though haha! cherrs mate

Jay-ZS+ 20-01-11 05:29 PM

Might be worth dropping the guy a message hes on Rovertech Chris Willott seems he has alot of the other bits.

Ritchy 20-01-11 05:35 PM

he's quite pricey though for bits, hes got a mk2 bootlid at ?180 plus ?50 postage which is more than a new one im sure, roverparts usually come up trumps for parts, still to phone them