theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   PX Valuation. (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=4029)

Dan1971 11-05-08 06:33 PM

PX Valuation.

My father in law is getting rid of his Renualt Scenic. Bottom line is that it's a newer car than mine, worth more and he's gonna give it to me, if I px in the ZS180.

Value for mine against a £16K Jaguar X type at a Ford Garage.......£3K !!!!

No ..... I didn't accept ..... nearly punched him right in the face for taking the p1ss.

Craig 11-05-08 06:52 PM

3K thats a fecking joke! I wonder how much they would have put it up for sale. Robbing bast*rds

arwilson80 11-05-08 07:16 PM

"Why do you have to PX the 180 to get it?" would be the question i'd ask....

Personally i wouldn't do it. :)

dave87 11-05-08 07:21 PM

arnold clark were going to give me 3K for my 110+ on the same age as yours

afcbadam 11-05-08 07:24 PM

just part exchanged my 2002 mg zs 180 with 65,000 miles i got £2500. which is about book price for them now. i was lucky i suspose as i also got them to mot and service the new car, a unlimited milage warranty for a year and 4 new tyres. (18") so that saved me a few bob.

Dan1971 12-05-08 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arwilson80 (Post 50816)
"Why do you have to PX the 180 to get it?" would be the question i'd ask....

Personally i wouldn't do it. :)

Basically, my father in law is gonna buy a new car and give me his old one. I will then have 3 cars and as much as I don't like it, the only option is for the ZS to go. I know how hard they've been to sell recently, so I suggested px'ing mine in. For 3K they can forget it, and when he gets his new motor mine will be up in the for sale section.

It's not a perfect situation ..... I'm not in the mood to change at all. The Z is going really well. The handles are getting done on Wednesday and with the roof and the speakers having been done, and my private plate on, it's a great car now with a really personal stamp on it. Unfortunately, the car being offerred is worth about £2K more and is a very sensible option for a guy with 2 kids .......:wacko:

talkingcars 12-05-08 07:26 PM

If it were me I would thank your father in law for his kind thoughts but keep the MG, especially as you say

Quote:

It's not a perfect situation ..... I'm not in the mood to change at all. The Z is going really well. The handles are getting done on Wednesday and with the roof and the speakers having been done, and my private plate on, it's a great car now with a really personal stamp on it.
What makes the senic a better car apart from the extra headroom?
If the value is that important why not take the £2000 in cash?

Being thr father of several children (5 of my own and 2 step children although only 3 are young enough now to need regular transport) I have experienced the oh so sensible family car, 7 seater estates and MPVs etc and I tell you that the ZS is every bit as sensible family transport if you only need 5 seats. I regularly (at east once a month) make 500 mile round trips taking my 2 youngest and their half brothers back to their mum.

arwilson80 12-05-08 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talkingcars (Post 50999)
If it were me I would thank your father in law for his kind thoughts but keep the MG

+1

TBH i think from what you have said so far you will regret selling it. ;) And money is only money at the end of the day. :)

Andyf 13-05-08 09:06 AM

Why not sell one of your children instead?!

ZS 13-05-08 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan1971 (Post 50769)
My father in law is getting rid of his Renualt Scenic. Bottom line is that it's a newer car than mine, worth more and he's gonna give it to me, if I px in the ZS180.

Value for mine against a £16K Jaguar X type at a Ford Garage.......£3K !!!!

No ..... I didn't accept ..... nearly punched him right in the face for taking the p1ss.

Max I can get for mine Part X is £2.5k... so thats a good price! (2.5k against a Brand New Jag XF)