theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Members Cars (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Here's my ZS 180 (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=15910)

Mr ZS180 18-02-11 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petet16 (Post 196416)
Yeah, lots of air comes in through open side windows, remove the windscreen and see the difference, mgf intakes have scoops iirc to help direct the air.

I would have liked to have the feed at the front and thought about removing the fog light but I decided against it. Otherwise its a case of cutting metal away and didnt want to do that.

The TF has scoops on the vents, the F doesn't.

Mr ZS180 18-02-11 12:02 PM

ZS beat me to it lol

petet16 18-02-11 12:08 PM

OK cool

Nice car anyway:smile1::smile1:

stamford 18-02-11 12:14 PM

Looks good with white on trophy blue, I had white starights before, a right pita to keep clean and track days killed the finish due to the heat! Not liking the CAF though, wrong position as it is not taking advantage of the cold air at speed, you will suffer from turbulence with it there.

Other mods are good. How do you find the handling with the rear braces? Did you do them together or one at a time? I have heard the back is too tight for road use especially in the wet with them fitted. It's one mod I haven't really pushed to do as yet.

stamford 18-02-11 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petet16 (Post 196416)
Yeah, lots of air comes in through open side windows, remove the windscreen and see the difference, mgf intakes have scoops iirc to help direct the air.

Big difference between open windows and a small aperture. The F ones are angled slightly, some has modified theirs to scoop more air in as it is not optimal in design.

Mr ZS180 18-02-11 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petet16 (Post 196420)
OK cool

Nice car anyway:smile1::smile1:

Thanks.

I am thinking about the T16 turbo conv in mine as I didnt realise when I bought the car that the cost of tuning the KV6 is astronomical if you want a lot of power. The T16 turbo is much easier and I know about that engine a bit as I had a modified 220 Coupe Turbo.

Mr ZS180 18-02-11 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 196422)
Big difference between open windows and a small aperture. The F ones are angled slightly, some has modified theirs to scoop more air in as it is not optimal in design.

I do agree that at speed it will not be optimal and I am looking into some sort of small side ram, a tiny Impreza vent would be nice ;), but there arent really any vents the ideal size or shape. I was thinking about modifying a gauge pod and fibreglassing and blending it in so it only appeared as a slight bulge but will do the job.

I bought the side scoops for my MGF but the (supposedly reputable) online company never delivered, never returned emails and never answered the phone, so I just lost out on them and never bothered trying to buy them again.

Leigh_EvoIX 18-02-11 12:55 PM

Not really a fan to be honest. As long as the owner is happy though it doesn't matter.

Exhaust is not centered, Cupra splitter looks gash and is bulging all over the place, would of been better running a CAF from the front mesh...

Pic 1 and 3 look nice though.

BUCKYDEVIL 18-02-11 01:40 PM

Very clean looking car and Im sure it's your pride and joy modded to your own taste which everyone has different opinions on which is why forums are good for a variety of ideas.
I like the white wheels & clear indicators.
BUT: sorry the decals are lame, front bumper/side CAF isnt a good look and Splitter although is a good idea doesnt seem to sit right.
Need some coolant in that bottle too mate, totally empty.

stamford 18-02-11 02:08 PM

Why remove the pictures? they were good! As said before you'll get all types of comments some good some not so. You are not alone in getting negative comments on mods, even I have suffered the wrath on here! :laugh: So don't take it personally, remember we do have a diverse bunch on here of all age groups and backgrounds. Just join in and suffer like we all do! :wacko: