theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Quin Insurance is a joke!! (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=11041)

marco90 08-02-10 04:32 PM

Quin Insurance is a joke!!

I bought my zs about 3 - 4 months ago but crashed it due to the snow quin valued my car at £3000 yet they are only giving me £1300 for my car thats not even half of what the car is worth because of the remaining balance on my insurance is there anything i can do??

leezs110 08-02-10 05:42 PM

tell em to f off!

They are trying it on bud! ;)

I had the same myself back in 2003 when my rover 216 was stolen off my drive, they came up with a crap offer hoping i would accept but i told them to stick it & held out for a better offer! ;)

peterzs 08-02-10 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marco90 (Post 140427)
I bought my zs about 3 - 4 months ago but crashed it due to the snow quin valued my car at £3000 yet they are only giving me £1300 for my car thats not even half of what the car is worth because of the remaining balance on my insurance is there anything i can do??

Never accept the first offer, insurance co's always try it on, bet a lot of people accept it and Ins co rub their hands.

Get some adverts that show the going rate for the same car, year, condition etc, plus any invoices for repairs, service, that show you have maintained/improved the car. No mods that are not declared of course.

Write to them and send everything recorded, makes them think and you have proof they have received the letter.

Best of luck.

:yes::yes::yes:

marco90 08-02-10 08:36 PM

thanks allot for your tips and help ill be sure to do that

starfire039 08-02-10 08:49 PM

What Pete said... don't let them fob you off with that offer. All the best!

Dan1971 08-02-10 08:59 PM

Well .... sorry, but beg to differ.

If your insurance premium was for example £2000 , but you've only paid them £500 of it, a quarter, they would quite rightly in my opinion, only offer you a quarter of what the car is valued at.

Obviously I don't know the exact figures, but you can't expect a full payout if you've only paid a third of the premium. Clearly though as others have said, you need to get as much as you can. Hunt around the classifieds for a similar car to yours and quote them in any corres with the company.

Sorry that you've done the car in though mate. :console:

will-w 08-02-10 09:26 PM

I'd agree with Dan... Unfortunately when you took the policy you signed a contract for a year (12 months)..

If you for example pay £100 a month over 12 months, and are only 4 months through your insurance then of course they'll take the remaining £800 off of your settlement figure..

Sucks I know, but speaking from experience here it happens (old man had an accident in his 400 a few years back, they kept the remaining 4 months of money and the years no claims - even though he had protected NCD!)

mattie007 10-02-10 09:42 AM

Is that true?

I was only 3 months into a policy with my old Rover 211 and they paid me £1850 with the car valued at £1900 in my policy.
I only paid £1500 for it aswell!

stamford 10-02-10 09:51 AM

Generally if your car is written off they cancel your policy there and then. So I would beg to differ with them demanding the balance. When Kathy's Jimny was written off we did not pay the balance on the policy as there was some 6 months remaining. We got two cheques, one for the scrap value and the balance was for the agreed valuation, to which I did not contest as it was alot higher than I had expected!

Maybe there is something in the small print regarding own fault claims as opposed to non-fault claims and any outstanding balance? I would call them and ask for clarification on the matter.

Out of interest what was the scrap value they offered you in order to buy it back?

The wife's Jimny O2 was an 02 plate and the scrap value was around £575 and the total agreed came to £3200 and that had over 60k miles on it. I wouldn't say that was worth it, but I wasn't going to argue!

peterzs 10-02-10 10:04 AM

Must admit I forgot what mega bucks the Insurance Co's charge now adays, my derv is £240 a year.

Suppose it means that we need more details, such as Ins cost for the year, if it was spread over 12 months, declared value of the car, amount of excess.

Think we should all go over to Matties Insurance Co.

Or Stamford's
:hmmm::hmmm::hmmm: