theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Various questions about the ZS (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=6579)

MikeMant 26-01-09 03:53 PM

Various questions about the ZS

Hi people i have introduced myself to the club and have had some great help so far on what to look for when i go and buy my first ZS

I have a few questions about the ZS (Hopefully i have got the right section) ...

What are the standard speakers like? Will i get a good sound just using a decent head unit?

Can i fit fog lights to the front bumper if it doesnt already have them? Im not too bothered if they work or not i just think they look better with them in Would the blanking plates need to be cut out?

I hear that parts are hard to get hold of and servicing is expensive? is this true? I would have thought that servicing is the same for any car

I have also heard that fitting either a panel filter or induction kit makes the response alot better What would be the best one to fit?

Are the 17 multi spoke alloys easy to get hold of?

I would like my ZS to have the multi spoke 17s on it along with fogs etc but looking at my price range the models that fall into my price range have the 16 alloys and no fogs So i was thinking that i could get hold of these parts and pop them on?

Sorry for the questions Im just doing my research Thanks in advance people

:band:

afcbadam 26-01-09 04:09 PM

Hi people i have introduced myself to the club and have had some great help so far on what to look for when i go and buy my first ZS

I have a few questions about the ZS (Hopefully i have got the right section) ...

What are the standard speakers like? Will i get a good sound just using a decent head unit? the standard speakers are ok and sound good with a decent head unit but alot better with upgraded speakers

Can i fit fog lights to the front bumper if it doesnt already have them? Im not too bothered if they work or not i just think they look better with them in Would the blanking plates need to be cut out? if lights are present they need to work. its the law and a mot failure
I hear that parts are hard to get hold of and servicing is expensive? is this true? I would have thought that servicing is the same for any car no and no

I have also heard that fitting either a panel filter or induction kit makes the response alot better What would be the best one to fit? either a bme or open cone in the wing imho

Are the 17 multi spoke alloys easy to get hold of? yep

I would like my ZS to have the multi spoke 17s on it along with fogs etc but looking at my price range the models that fall into my price range have the 16 alloys and no fogs So i was thinking that i could get hold of these parts and pop them on? you will get a car with every thing you want on it within your budget
Sorry for the questions Im just doing my research Thanks in advance people

MikeMant 26-01-09 04:19 PM

Cheers for that mate Didnt realise that about them mot So if i fit them are they easy to wire in and get them working? Will the blanking plates need to be cut out or do they unclip?

afcbadam 26-01-09 04:26 PM

i think the are held in using the 3 fixings that the fog lights use. unsure how they wire in as mine already has foglights so not needed to do it. i think the loom is already there if so i would imaging its a plug and play job. i may be wrong though

MikeMant 26-01-09 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afcbadam (Post 86758)
i think the are held in using the 3 fixings that the fog lights use. unsure how they wire in as mine already has foglights so not needed to do it. i think the loom is already there if so i would imaging its a plug and play job. i may be wrong though

Cheers mate Hopefully i wont have to hack the bumper to bits to put them in

rbull51 26-01-09 05:13 PM

I have fitted a k&n cone air filter and it sounds fantastic, looks good under the bonnet aswell!!

RalphG 26-01-09 05:27 PM

If your car is a Mk1, I have a complete front fog light fitting kit in stock. These are like rocking horse poo. It is listed in our eBay shop.

stamford 26-01-09 06:52 PM

Front fogs are not MOT tested, so you can have them for show. I only have one at the front as the other is my cold air feed. Come to think of it, my offside fog is also a water reservoir ;)

Maxxed_Ross 26-01-09 06:54 PM

I've seen an IS200 fail for having one of the fog lights out.... mainly because the guy spent the next hour in the carpark trying to remove them so he could get it re-tested

stamford 26-01-09 06:59 PM

That's wrong Ross, not saying you mate! But it is not tested, we've had this before when I asked about mine. My zed went through with one fog fitted.