theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   A little shopping...... (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=11886)

Boot Hill Bandit 09-04-10 04:01 PM

A little shopping......

Well since I am keeping the Devil I thought I would carry on spending :shutup:

So I bought a pair of Rover 45 clear headlamps from the ZWarehouse on ebay........only £30 for both!!! :beer:

Also bought some small centrecaps to go in the straights and keep the wheelnuts on show :)

Also found some seat backs at the scrap yard which have pockets in just to be different since I broke them getting them off to fit the new seat covers in the New Year :king:

Finally my reconditioned rear brake caliper is here too so I haven't got long to wait until the garage can fit that and replace the brake fluid in the system :D

So many ideas for my car now it is untrue! Just need more money and time and a spot of warm weather when I have got the time as I want to remove both the front bumper and rear one and stop the sagging :laugh:

Anyone else been treating their ZS for the summer????

Jim

Maxxed_Ross 09-04-10 04:16 PM

good buy on the lights! I just got a set from the local breakers for £25 each

Boot Hill Bandit 09-04-10 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxxed_Ross (Post 149631)

Same as dude I was shocked to see them brand new for sale at that price lol.

Jim

Nats Whiskas 09-04-10 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boot Hill Bandit (Post 149626)

Jim

Haha I suppose you could say that! Just bought a new engine, 180 front end and splitter and am gonna be repairing the small tears in seats and rust on rear arch come some warm weather!!

Cant sell it so may as well have some fun!!

Boot Hill Bandit 09-04-10 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZsNutter (Post 149636)
Haha I suppose you could say that! Just bought a new engine, 180 front end and splitter and am gonna be repairing the small tears in seats and rust on rear arch come some warm weather!!

Cant sell it so may as well have some fun!!

Good for you dude...........PX mine is worth £1300 :laugh:

Talking from experience...........if you have any performance mods planned for this engine you are getting such as any headwork or replacing the HG just in case..........do it BEFORE you fit it back in the car or you would have lost the chance of doing the work easier and to some extent cheaper!

Good luck dude with it all!!!! Just so you know the new Hammerite rust treatment gel is amazing and apparently an almost certain 'fix and forget' solution. I do believe it is the same formula that was developed by Bilt Hamber Industries in Essex (one of two things which is this and the 'Essex Bird' :happy2: )

Jim

Maxxed_Ross 09-04-10 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boot Hill Bandit (Post 149626)

does making it move under its own power for the first time ever count? :mml:

Rocket Red 09-04-10 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxxed_Ross (Post 149631)

I was well chuffed to get a pair in my narest scrapie for £15 the pair only to have the stupid little s**t that works there break them trying to "rip" them out :wall:

Jay-ZS+ 09-04-10 05:47 PM

I will be treating mine to it's third engine soon, then will be lookin to strip it out in hope to improve fuel economy ;):laugh:

will-w 09-04-10 05:53 PM

Going to have to make the most of this summer as the Zed will be gone before next; got a BMC CDA waiting to go on (once I've got the hoses sorted).. Would like a set of 11 spokes but doubt it'll happen!

Also planning a little DIY lighting modification - providing I can find spares to use!

Jim: You'll have to show me how that rust stuff works, I've got some under mine that needs sorting!

Nats Whiskas 09-04-10 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ (Post 149644)
I will be treating mine to it's third engine soon, then will be lookin to strip it out in hope to improve fuel economy ;):laugh:

yeahhhh fuel economy... thats the main reason your doing this isnt it!! the extra performance is just a nasty side effect of it all :rambo::rambo: