theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Had a bump (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=28198)

Jason04r 02-07-14 12:13 PM

Had a bump

Stopped at the junction , ford focus in front of me... looked to my left to pull out and notice the focus had gone to pull out... Floored it as i seen a gap.. must of been doing 40kph looked forward and "Oh sh*t shes still there"

Slammed on the brakes , ABS + slippy road = Bang

Both pulled to the side of the road and she got out.... woah she was fit haha . Impact marks all on the rear bumper on the focus , she called her boyfriend. He came over looked and pushed the bumper to check if it was cracked... All fine , said no problem , shook hands and apologized again... Both drove off.

Lucky escape :mario:

Surprised on how little damage the ZS suffered , some black marks which will polish out and a small paint crack on drivers side.

Deckz 02-07-14 12:53 PM

Lucky escape indeed.
Nice when something like this happens and the other party are genuine people. Not scum bags claiming whiplash, damaged car etc.

p_b82 02-07-14 01:03 PM

Got away with that one, as I bet if you hit it hard enough to deform the bumper the crash structure will have been compromised a bit.

Hate it when that happens though, as a result I have taught myself to wait until the car in front has gone, and miss the gap as it has happened to me a few times, but I was able to stop (just) in time!

ZSZRANDRF900 02-07-14 01:18 PM

boyfriend.....wounder !!

peterzs 02-07-14 01:22 PM

Maybe they didnt have insurance!!!

Back a few years, a friend got hit up the rear in his BMW. Young girl admitted it was her fault. Just a trace of a bolt head on the rear bumper of the new Beemer, he was going to let her go. Decided on getting her details, took it to the main dealers, crumple cans had gone. New bumper, new fixings, at a cost of nearly a thousand pounds!!!

Never think there is no damage.

:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Jason04r 02-07-14 01:38 PM

I've always been careful when pulling out of junctions , the fact that me and my girlfriend had a argument over going for a BBQ a minute before didn't help lol

Lesson learnt and from now on ill keep an eye in my rear view mirror incase i get the same treatment :)

petet16 02-07-14 01:52 PM

Glad to hear that no one was injured, and the cars seem to have withstood the small bump ok.

hansligg 02-07-14 01:54 PM

Done exactly that few days ago! expecting car infront to pull away as you would in their situation, but I forget not every car can pull away like a 180 can on a roundabout!

Jason04r 02-07-14 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hansligg (Post 341838)
Done exactly that few days ago! expecting car infront to pull away as you would in their situation, but I forget not every car can pull away like a 180 can on a roundabout!

Exactly that! Got to the stage where the ZS feels slow as i've gotten use to it

I was expecting smashed bumper , bent bonnet , radiator gone but nope :mml:

stamford 02-07-14 04:49 PM

Very lucky indeed, those sort of accidents are few and fair between when both drive off with no change of details.