theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   kv6 supercharger (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=7097)

garymgzs180 09-03-09 05:47 PM

kv6 supercharger

does anybody know much about the sprintex supercharger kit. looking at buying one from someone i know (its brand new from sprintex ,latest spec). i have heard a lot of bad stories on some forums about the bearings failing and parts of the charger ruining the enging. does anybody know the full story. also the piggy back ecu that is supplied , is this remappable so tuning can be perfomed and who can do it i.e. superchips rolling road. the bearings are engine oil fed so do i use the standard grade oil. 5/30w or something thicker 10/40w . and does it need to be fully synthetic. thanks for any information.

Bobdope2002 09-03-09 05:54 PM

are u signed up on xpf if u are speak to charger he is the man to talk to about the supercharger

Steves Cleenz 09-03-09 09:55 PM

as above, they do need a better oil feed as the one supplied is crap, its also advisable to go standalone management as the piggy back ECU doesnt feed the 7th injector properly

Maxxed_Ross 11-03-09 08:45 AM

Avoid like the black death... unless you have a substantial budget to get it up and running properly

As said speak to Charger on XPF, he seems to be just about the only guy still doing the supercharger for the V6 and has put alot of development time into getting it as close to right as possible

I still wouldn't have one though

Phate 11-03-09 09:07 AM

Same/Similar gains can be made via NOS :)

ZS 11-03-09 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phate (Post 93461)
Same/Similar gains can be made via NOS :)

But NOS is more noticable - Two HUGE bottles in the boot... :p

Personally I would love twin turbos on the V6... :D:D:clap:

Phate 11-03-09 12:45 PM

If you can figure out where to put the turbos...:p

ZS 11-03-09 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phate (Post 93473)
If you can figure out where to put the turbos...:p

IIRC the Supercharger gets rid of the plenum and VIS motors, a Turbo\Twin Turbo would also have to have the exhaust manifolds changed.... so would the turbo's not fit in the 'V' or with some fancy manifolds down the back and front of the engine? (I think there is enough room, especially with a few bits relocated slightly ;) )

Phate 11-03-09 12:52 PM

Put it this way dude, if you could figure out where to put the turbos and what to modify you could earn yourself a VERY nice packet :)

ZS 11-03-09 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phate (Post 93476)
Put it this way dude, if you could figure out where to put the turbos and what to modify you could earn yourself a VERY nice packet :)

If I had the Turbo's and relevant pipework, and my K1.8 running then I would do it :D