theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   MOT Fail (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=8196)

Maxfly 28-05-09 03:22 PM

MOT Fail

well the zs failed it's mot today, torn nearside steering rack gaitor:) No problems other than that though so happy enough annd passed emissions fine with the de-cat:D get the gaitor fixed and all will be guid again:D

stamford 28-05-09 03:25 PM

Not too bad then, surprised the rack boot was damaged, had the tracking done lately?

Maxfly 28-05-09 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 106730)
Not too bad then, surprised the rack boot was damaged, had the tracking done lately?

aye, strange, certainly looks like somethings caught it but been a few months since tracking wis done:) Goin to have a gander at it the morrow, hopefully it should be easy enough that i can pop on the new ane myself:)

Stephen 28-05-09 04:22 PM

Sorry to hear mate. Did you get it done in strathaven ?

Stephen

Maxfly 28-05-09 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 106742)
Sorry to hear mate. Did you get it done in strathaven ?

Stephen

got the mot done at gartcosh, the boy in strathaven is doin my service, brake fluid change and fuel tank clean up next thurs:) If this gaitor looks like being a pain in the chuff then will get him tae dae that too:)

Stephen 28-05-09 05:01 PM

Cool! Il need to get my tank done, its a bit rusty. When does it have to be there for? Half 6?:ohmy: Like the Montego had to!

RudeDogg1 28-05-09 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxfly (Post 106743)
got the mot done at gartcosh, the boy in strathaven is doin my service, brake fluid change and fuel tank clean up next thurs:) If this gaitor looks like being a pain in the chuff then will get him tae dae that too:)

probaly will be a git most gaiters are

Maxfly 28-05-09 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 106747)
Cool! Il need to get my tank done, its a bit rusty. When does it have to be there for? Half 6?:ohmy: Like the Montego had to!

aye, well when i asked when they were open from he said 6, drop it aff anytime...might head there fir 8. Was goin to do the tank mysel, but lazybastarditis has kicked in lol:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by RudeDogg1 (Post 106759)
probaly will be a git most gaiters are

Thats whit i'm thinking, probably dinnae hae all the tools neccessary fir the job onyway so mair than likely just get it done same time as service:)

stamford 28-05-09 06:17 PM

Would never have guessed you were north of the border :D

Maxfly 28-05-09 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 106763)
Would never have guessed you were north of the border :D

lol soryy, sometimes i type normally, but other times i like to type hoo i speak..roughly:)