theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Do all models come with full wiring loom? (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=30532)

wu11ie 27-01-16 04:08 PM

Do all models come with full wiring loom?

As above,

My car doesn't have front fogs and I want to fit them but I don't know if I'll have the wiring loom. Do they come with a full loom installed or is it car specific and I'll need to retrofit it?.

My car is a mk2 (54).

Thanks.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

talkingcars 27-01-16 04:10 PM

Early cars had specific looms, later ones had a generic loom.

However mk2 cars require the front fogs turning on in the BCU through a T4 session.

wu11ie 27-01-16 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talkingcars (Post 367394)
Early cars had specific looms, later ones had a generic loom.

However mk2 cars require the front fogs turning on in the BCU through a T4 session.

Not really worth the hassle then.

Thanks for the reply.

Bakermgzs 27-01-16 04:25 PM

It might be worth checking behind the front bumper some models I have found that although there no fog lights, there is still the wiring there to fit them

Mark S 27-01-16 04:58 PM

loom should all be there in a mk2.

may need activating tho, the fogs are cheap so its only activation cost if required

wu11ie 27-01-16 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bakermgzs (Post 367397)
It might be worth checking behind the front bumper some models I have found that although there no fog lights, there is still the wiring there to fit them

I'll have a look if it ever stops raining lol.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark S (Post 367399)
loom should all be there in a mk2.

may need activating tho, the fogs are cheap so its only activation cost if required

Is there anywhere to buy the software and the cables?

Bakermgzs 27-01-16 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wu11ie (Post 367401)
I'll have a look if it ever stops raining lol.

Is there anywhere to buy the software and the cables?

To be honest mate I would first take bumper off see if the wires are there if thay are which I'm pretty sure thay will be then just buy a fog bulb first and see if turns on if it does then buy rest of what you need to finish the job
Quick question do you have a switch inside the car to turn them on? That's only thing I'd be worried about

wu11ie 27-01-16 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bakermgzs (Post 367406)
To be honest mate I would first take bumper off see if the wires are there if thay are which I'm pretty sure thay will be then just buy a fog bulb first and see if turns on if it does then buy rest of what you need to finish the job
Quick question do you have a switch inside the car to turn them on? That's only thing I'd be worried about

That was my thinking till I saw I had no switch lol, had a look on ebay and there's a full set of fogs, relay and switch for £30, I just didn't want to shell out the £30 if they're no use to me so I thought I'd ask the experts ;)

M17TT180 27-01-16 08:38 PM

All mk2 will have full loom, very late mk1's too. Easiest way to check is if you have a black plug under the front seats or 5 wires going into the rear doors.

LukeZS96 27-01-16 09:27 PM

yeah all MK2's have a full loom and the wiring for the switch is behind the centre console, it's fairly handy to retrofit front fogs if you can get the T4 software