theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Members Cars (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The XPG ZS (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=30919)

Dan1971 11-09-16 02:11 PM

The XPG ZS

Time for my own thread rather than to keep on Jay's for sale thread for updates.

Things to do -

Photos .... ;)
  • Steering wheel
  • Check vis
  • Rust repairs windscreen
  • Side grills painted
  • 180 badge nearside wing

Maxfly 11-09-16 03:27 PM

For your vis indicator Dan, there should be two greens lit which will both go out and two yellows come on in their place with, iirc the left one going out first at 3.2k revs and the green coming back on then the yellow on the right goes out at about 4K revs with its green coming back on.....or at least there there abouts, others will likely be able to give a more accurate description.

One thing I played with in my head was getting that roof skin from, I think it was Rimmer Bros and using that to repair the rust but also gain a sunroof from it. Remeberi someone posting a link to it, think it was £10 for the full roof skin. Ultimately dismissed it as too much for me at that time but if they are still available just a thought.

Dan1971 11-09-16 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxfly (Post 371736)
For your vis indicator Dan, there should be two greens lit which will both go out and two yellows come on in their place with, iirc the left one going out first at 3.2k revs and the green coming back on then the yellow on the right goes out at about 4K revs with its green coming back on.....or at least there there abouts, others will likely be able to give a more accurate description.

One thing I played with in my head was getting that roof skin from, I think it was Rimmer Bros and using that to repair the rust but also gain a sunroof from it. Remeberi someone posting a link to it, think it was £10 for the full roof skin. Ultimately dismissed it as too much for me at that time but if they are still available just a thought.

So it being yellow isn't a bad thing then ... ?

As for the roof, I think a simple, but thorough repair will be in order.

Maxfly 11-09-16 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan1971 (Post 371737)
So it being yellow isn't a bad thing then ... ?

As for the roof, I think a simple, but thorough repair will be in order.

Yep, yellow good as
Long as both come on when you sink the boot with the greens both going out then left yellow out, left green on and then right yellow out, right green back on. Definitely worth checking with a vis tester tho as motors might be working but slowly due to sticking.
Good stuff with the roof, simple but effective. Mind if you need a new strip for along the top that Honda Civic ones are far cheaper than X part yins :)

stamford 11-09-16 04:31 PM

As long as that's the only yellow bit then it's fine! :D

peterzs 11-09-16 04:44 PM

Oi

:):):):)

Skillen 11-09-16 07:13 PM

I think I have a ZS wheel with thumb bumps and radio controls back in the old garage Dan.
Unless my dad has thrown them out I'm sure I had two there from a scrap yard hunt along with other bits like accord lights and cup holders.

I can have a look when I'm up next or ask dad to take a look sooner than that.
Oh and welcome to the XPG club. It's a great colour! When mirrored up to a shine!

daytona365 11-09-16 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterzs (Post 371741)
Oi

Double Oi !!!

stamford 11-09-16 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterzs (Post 371741)
Oi

Quote:

Originally Posted by daytona365 (Post 371746)
Double Oi !!!

:laugh: just checking to see if you were still with it!

Dan1971 11-09-16 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skillen (Post 371745)
I think I have a ZS wheel with thumb bumps and radio controls back in the old garage Dan.
Unless my dad has thrown them out I'm sure I had two there from a scrap yard hunt along with other bits like accord lights and cup holders.

I can have a look when I'm up next or ask dad to take a look sooner than that.
Oh and welcome to the XPG club. It's a great colour! When mirrored up to a shine!

That'd be great if you don't mind and they are in decent enough nick. Let me know.

Jay also posted that I have a ZR wheel on there at the moment and the TF adaptor, so maybe I'll have another look at a Tf wheel.