theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Broken again (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=22324)

guru 15-08-12 10:17 AM

Broken again

Agggghhhhhhhhhhhh, got a call from widely this morning, she'd broken down going across the A47 and was stuck in the middle! Anyway told her to get away from the car and phone the police and AA which she did and I headed out. When I got there the police were already there and the ZS was stuck in the turn right lane with no clutch. Went over with the AA man and who confirmed end what I thought, the clutch hydraulics have gone. Anyway he towed me to the mechanic that I trust in Yarmouth.......30mph all the way!

Anyway car should be done tonight, but I was wondering if the sheddist kits are still around, as I fitted on of those to my first Zs and it was a lot better then OEM.

So far having spent £900 on it we've only managed to do a couple of hundred miles before breaking down again :mad:

At least the ZT is OK!

peterzs 15-08-12 10:27 AM

Glad she was OK, good old AA, nasty road A47 from what I remember from driving it.

Sheddist is still around, but can take a bit of time to get one.

stamford 15-08-12 11:33 AM

I do believe he is making another batch of kits so get in there quick and pm him on the other forum ;)

R8NMG 15-08-12 01:03 PM

This was one reason I changed to the Sheddist kit many years ago even though there was nothing wrong with my clutch at the time. I didn't want to find out by being stuck by the side of the road.

Expect a bit of a wait for the Sheddist kit.

guru 15-08-12 01:10 PM

We need the car back so I've told the mechanic to go ahead with the standard part :(

I should probably have set too and tried to get hold of a kit as soon as we bought another 180, although with the last one the failure was very gradual with the biting point going down over the course of a few weeks, not a sudden failure like this.

andys1981 15-08-12 04:36 PM

nigel has 6 kits for sale,ready for sale as off the 18th mate,think its 157 posted

talkingcars 15-08-12 05:50 PM

If it is the slave braket going consider a freelander one, they are cheap on ebay and IIRC stronger.

guru 15-08-12 11:59 PM

Good news!!!! The ZS is still in the garage which means wifey shouldn't break down on her way to work at silly-o-clock so I'll actually get to sleep for an extra half an hour rather then having to dash out of the door before my first cup of coffee!

KirkJames 16-08-12 08:31 AM

I saw you as I was driving home I think, is yours a black ZS with different rear lights? Saw the AA with the police there :(

guru 16-08-12 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KirkJames (Post 268129)
I saw you as I was driving home I think, is yours a black ZS with different rear lights? Saw the AA with the police there :(

Yep, that was us :( If you'd looked over at the white house junction you'd have seen my ZT which had to come to the rescue of it's fallen comrade!

Was just about the worst place it could have gone. Policeman was very helpful and cheery which helped.

At least it's the hydraulics on the ZS that failed, they're quick and easy to fix. The ZT's slave cylinder is in the bell housing so that involves an entire clutch replacement and is a LOT more expensive!