theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What does the wife/Mrs think (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=23267)

Steven11 09-11-12 08:34 PM

What does the wife/Mrs think

My wife currently drives a 57 plate Fiat Bravo 1.4 Special Edition and she absolutly loves it.

Every time we go anywhere together obviously i drive and all she does the whole time is tear my poor Zed to shreds. She moans its to noisy inside, unacceptably bumpy, the steering is far to heavy, the sounds are s#*t, the seats are uncomfortable. basically she hates it and refuses to drive it unless she really has to. She has been moaning at me to get rid of it for years but i refuse, in 7 years ifs only broke down once and it was a coil that went. £25 and it was fixed, and believe it or not it's had 4 Mot's and never had so much as 1 advisors. its been unbelievably reliable, i just love it

Cant understand why she hates it so much, just wondered what all the other wifes/partners thought ?

Lukeus101 09-11-12 08:36 PM

My other half has a Focus ST, and she also shares the same attitude of your partner. Mine is stupidly loud, uncomfortable by my god is it more fun to drive! The ST is fast but Id take my Zed anyday.

talkingcars 09-11-12 09:01 PM

Mrs TC prefers her ZR160 with its noisy Janspeed over my ZS with it's mid sport powerflow but she'd normally rather go in the ZS.....

because it means I'll be driving.

KevG 09-11-12 09:02 PM

Snap, my wife drives a 09 Vauxhall Astra 1.6 Sports-hatch, she doesnt drive my car unless she really has too, but would opt to walk instead, if her car was in for a service or something!

ZS 09-11-12 09:05 PM

My mrs thinks that... oh wait, I don't have a mrs!

There are some advantages to being single!! :punk::punk:

My two kids, however, absolutely love the ZS and would rather go for a ride in my car than any other :)

WalkerDnB 09-11-12 09:09 PM

My girlfriend dosent care weather Im driving the Repmobile or the zed as long as she gets a free lift lmao
maybe its only once you marry them they start moaning about the cars lol

Dave 09-11-12 09:16 PM

My wife prefers the ZS over my Modded R25.

The monaco seats in the R25 are a little too tight fitting for her, but the ones in the ZS are much more comfortable for both of us.

Overall, the ZS is preferred.

Cheers
Dave

talkingcars 09-11-12 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevG (Post 281306)
Snap, my wife drives a 09 Vauxhall Astra 1.6 Sports-hatch, she doesnt drive my car unless she really has too, but would opt to walk instead, if her car was in for a service or something!

Mrs TC would use her MGF, at least I let her think it's hers. :punk:

daytona365 09-11-12 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZS (Post 281307)
My mrs thinks that... oh wait, I don't have a mrs!

There are some advantages to being single!! :punk::punk:

My two kids, however, absolutely love the ZS and would rather go for a ride in my car than any other :)

Snap. My kids love it, and my ex, all she said when she first saw it was " its a bit yellow"

slightly off subject. My mum LOVES IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zsserbia 09-11-12 09:40 PM

My Mrs never got used to cornering, late braking and uphill accelerating, things which driver wouldn't normally notice in everyday driving makes her feel kind of dizzy. She loves it on the motorway though...

My 4 year old son, on the contrary, loves it to bits.