theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   KevG's VIS tester (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=19882)

bowthruster 30-03-13 09:03 AM

Just been posted,Now on the way to Rossy

MickUK 30-03-13 02:32 PM

woo hoo!!!

:trampoline:

lawrence-zs180 31-03-13 09:52 PM

1 - Rossy (Currently on its way)
2 - MickUK
3 - Shycho
4 - Lawrence-zs180

Rossy 02-04-13 05:36 PM

Tester arrived today ... was like christmas again !! hope to get them tested asap then I will forward on to next on the list .Will Pm that person when away to post on for address .....

Rossy 02-04-13 06:19 PM

Been looking at the tester one amazing piece of kit and box , but could I ask what is the change direction switch for ....

Dan1971 02-04-13 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rossy (Post 302618)
Been looking at the tester one amazing piece of kit and box , but could I ask what is the change direction switch for ....

Course you can ... ;)

The motors actually turn parts inside the manifold. When you plug the tester into the motor, by moving the direction switch, the motor gets a message to turn. If the vis motor is working you'll hear the motor turn and get the green light. Simples.

Rossy 03-04-13 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan1971 (Post 302650)
Course you can ... ;)

The motors actually turn parts inside the manifold. When you plug the tester into the motor, by moving the direction switch, the motor gets a message to turn. If the vis motor is working you'll hear the motor turn and get the green light. Simples.

Thanks for that ...now is that for balance as well as the power , my power one's motor runs and green light but the balance motor gets a green light but does not run .... just me being a bit dim ...kept in the cold to long up here !!!!
cheers all

Dan1971 03-04-13 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rossy (Post 302701)
Thanks for that ...now is that for balance as well as the power , my power one's motor runs and green light but the balance motor gets a green light but does not run .... just me being a bit dim ...kept in the cold to long up here !!!!
cheers all

Yep both motors.

When you have the switch on the tester set to the right motor you are testing - flip the direction toggle to make it move the motor. Then flip the direction toggle the other way. The motor turns through about 45 degrees. Basically as you change the direction, the motor should move and the green light come on.

KevG 03-04-13 05:59 PM

The "Change Direction" sends the motor backwards and forwards, Rossy, didnt know you were in Dundee mate.

If any the motors isnt doing anything, then its pumped, and needs repaired/replaced.

Rossy 03-04-13 08:47 PM

Thanks for that advice tested tonight and looks like my balance vis motor is gubbed I get a green light but no movement from the motor in any direction ... This all I need at the moment still trying to rebuild up my dash and centre console having trouble with wiring and now a new vis needed, had a look at vulcan racing didn't realise how expensive they are to replace ..oh well need to source one and get that tested so I can pass on the tester asap .