theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Collecting my Mk2 today ! (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=10643)

Dan1971 05-01-10 07:42 AM

Collecting my Mk2 today !

Well ... I should already be on the train to Canterbury to collect my car, but, yesterday evening we got a call from my boy's school to tell us they were closed ! No heating or hot water, so they're both having another day off.

Got to wait now until Mrs C gets home from her morning job so I'll get it later this afternoon.

Tick-tock.

Jay-ZS+ 05-01-10 08:28 AM

Good luck with it mate hope your not waiting long :thumbsup:

will-w 05-01-10 09:09 AM

Good luck with the train journey!

There were delays and all kinds of problems on the Canterbury line the other day.. Do you know if you are going via Ashford or Chatam on the train?

Dan1971 05-01-10 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by will-w (Post 135276)
Good luck with the train journey!

There were delays and all kinds of problems on the Canterbury line the other day.. Do you know if you are going via Ashford or Chatam on the train?

No idea ..... Kings Cross / St Pancras to Margate and it stops at Canterbury West apparently.

peterzs 05-01-10 09:35 AM

Have a good trip back, bet you are home quicker.

:):):):):)

will-w 05-01-10 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan1971 (Post 135278)
No idea ..... Kings Cross / St Pancras to Margate and it stops at Canterbury West apparently.

Sounds like the high speed line, you flashy git! :laugh:

Have a nice trip!

Dan1971 06-01-10 05:30 PM

Well ... Collected it today. Couldn't sit around twiddling my thumbs any more.

Initial thoughts .... Standard. Not as fast as my other one, but much quieter.

Absolutely as it came out of the showroom. Previous owners DOB was on the paperwork showing him as 52 years young.

Wheels are kerbed more than I remember when I saw it with my blinkers on, and the tyres on the front are a bit lacking so I'll be sorting that out soon. Might put my Kei's on so long as the guy from Brum who's coming at the weekend doesn't want them. We'll see.

Photos will come in a few days. It was clean when I collected it but 60 odd miles in the weather and you'd not think so.

All in all. I'm a happy man.

Ritchy 06-01-10 05:39 PM

keep the standard mk2 wheels n get them refurbed:) they suit the car great, either that or give them to me for free lol

Dan1971 06-01-10 05:59 PM

Nothin's free these days pal .... :laugh: We'll see. Maybe a grey refurb for the standard wheels. Not by me in the garden this time though ! :rofl:

Ritchy 06-01-10 06:02 PM

well i got a quote of £32 quid a wheel in gunmetal with wheels balanced today:D dropping them off saturday, still rolling about on the 15" with the kingpin tyres lol