theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Members Cars (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   MG ZS MK2 - XPower 120+ - theboynoz (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=29690)

theboynoz 07-05-15 12:16 PM

Is Dave the dent man local to West Mids then?

theboynoz 07-05-15 02:34 PM

First post updated, will join up fully soon and get me my stickers ordered up!

MG ZS STE 07-05-15 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theboynoz (Post 358218)
Is Dave the dent man local to West Mids then?

Tamworth but he came out to me in garretts green.

theboynoz 07-05-15 07:30 PM

Might wait and see what the MOT ends up costing and then see how much he'd charge for it. Is there any contact details in the traders section at all? How much did he charge you, if you don't mind me asking?

Had a check of the rear brakes tonight, and I think the rear offside one is binding, might have to look at sorting that....

Fitted new Bosch wipers, old ones were shot, and used an air-con bomb however it left a runny mess over the hard back of the passenger seat and I am now struggling to clean it, most annoyed!

MG ZS STE 07-05-15 07:54 PM

i was told he charged 50 per panel whether it had 1 dent or a dozen but he charged me 50 to do 2 doors and rear quarter panel. i'll PM you his number.

theboynoz 07-05-15 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG ZS STE (Post 358232)
i was told he charged 50 per panel whether it had 1 dent or a dozen but he charged me 50 to do 2 doors and rear quarter panel. i'll PM you his number.

Cheers

theboynoz 08-05-15 10:03 AM

Failed it's MOT on the rear driver side calliper binding and rear driver side I think brake pipe corroded, that will cost around £300 including the MOT to fix!

Not to mention the noise, they think it is the cambelt tensioner making the noise, but the whole kit was changed in Aug last year but 2.5 hours away in Suffolk, going to need that looked at too! Damn!

theboynoz 08-05-15 03:13 PM

Ok, so update time.

The car is coming home from the garage as they told me the price to fix it for the MOT and I may have laughed, then asked 'Really?' - £772 I think she said.....

So I am fixing it myself.

In other news I will now start patrolling the parts for sale, ebay and other websites for some parts. Anyone got an entire brake pipe, rear offside? Calliper, rear offside? Discs and pads, guess which ones? Alternator repair kit?

Lol - Busy weekend then! Might not make it to the meet.....

ZS Phil 08-05-15 03:26 PM

It would be easier just to splice into the brake pipe and replace the corroded section using either compression fittings or get a pipe flaring tool.

peterzs 08-05-15 03:34 PM

I got new sliders from Rimmers, think it was, sorted out the binding O/S/R caliper.

Having a laugh at that price, I reckon.