theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Time for a rant (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=4084)

mrt_04 16-05-08 04:52 PM

Time for a rant

Hi All
Back to normal mode & time for a rant.
Driving back home last night from work, departed LHR T3 @ 22:00ish and our wonderful road agency decided to do some engineering works on the M25....fine have no problems with that on a quietish night (if there is such a thing on the M25). However, what the numpty did & I mean one numpty. Where the M3 converges with the M25 South, there is normally 6 lanes (nearly a Freeway!!!), the roads agency decided to reduce to one lane!!!! via cones & overhead warning signs.
Having queued up for 45mins, with the normal muppets trying to `push in`, made it (and I quote Spandau Ballet) through the barricades!!!!, only to find numpty x 1 smoking a fag laughing at motorists, with the coned area covering 20yds at the most until the cones stopped & opened up to a four lane M25 again..........which t*at is responsible for this...........rant over........probably happening again tonight, when I require the KV6 `Dylithium Crystals` to be at full belt Scotty to make last orders!!!!!

Andyf 17-05-08 10:36 AM

Sounds like a bit of over kill unless they had finished what they were doing and taking the closure off?
I hate those tw*ts who ignore the lane closure then force their way in at the end. If they merged earlier then the traffic would flow through nicely instead of jamming up.

mrt_04 17-05-08 12:18 PM

Quite agree Andy.....mostly cabbie's leaving LHR for Surrey / London.
Left earlier last night & made last orders at local!!!! :smile1:

SharronB 17-05-08 12:20 PM

What annoys me is when the lanes are coned off and no one is working on the frigging roads, they dont even have any machinery there :rant:

They are probably hiding behind the hedges laughing their c*cks off :laugh:

mrt_04 17-05-08 12:27 PM

Also, just driven into work for late shift.....CARAVANS.....ahhhhhhhhhhhhh????, weekend drivers ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......sorry !!!!:rant:

SharronB 17-05-08 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrt_04 (Post 51675)
CARAVANS.....ahhhhhhhhhhhhh????, weekend drivers ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......sorry !!!!:rant:

Also getting stuck behind tractors and JCBs, and where we live frigging sheep and cows being moved from field to field :rant:

mrt_04 17-05-08 12:40 PM

Dead slow Horse boxes with minging drivers !!!!!!:spank:

stamford 17-05-08 06:11 PM

:hmmm: never get those problems in the states, god I wish I was still there!

mrt_04 17-05-08 06:17 PM

Hiya Mick..............how's the jetlag???? :wave:

sarah 17-05-08 07:11 PM

i just hate frigging cones full stop!!

:D