theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   The MOT thread (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=19848)

tcb 180 06-06-13 04:08 PM

Thanks guys. Yeah prefer to do my own work tbh.

MG 53 ZED 31-08-13 04:11 AM

My Zed passed her mot yesterday with flying colours and no advisories, on a negative note though my air con has stopped working (think i have a leak) and may have problem with my gearbox still i am happy she passed her mot:thumbsup:

Dan1971 31-08-13 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG 53 ZED (Post 319057)
My Zed passed her mot yesterday with flying colours and no advisories, on a negative note though my air con has stopped working (think i have a leak) and may have problem with my gearbox still i am happy she passed her mot:thumbsup:

Congrats.

My A/C is still in the car and all good if you need something.

peterzs 31-08-13 07:54 AM

Well done Hamish, changed my clutch at 75.000, started getting a bit stiff to get into 1st.

Certainly made it feel better, dont forget to check for a seized, clutch arm, if you get it done.

My a/c works but not as cold as it was, had it re-gassed 4 years ago, so cant complain.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jason04r 31-08-13 09:06 AM

I'm going to explain the MOT process in Spain - Took my Astra yesterday

Get to the main MOT center , its a big warehouse with 5 lanes ( extra 2 for artics ). Go into the office and provide them with the car papers , pay 38 euros and your given a lane number.

Wait for the lane number to appear on the massive LED screen outside. Go to the lane number and your greeted by a unhappy Spaniard.

1st- oil check and fluids.
2nd- lights , indicators ,full beam , light alignment.
3rd - Check the chassis number matches ( under the passengers plastic door thing )
4th - Rear lights , indicators , brake lights , reverse light.
5th - Seatbelt check all round
6th - drive into a metal grid where they basically bounce the car up and down and side to side to check the front and rear suspensions okay
7th - rolling road to check brakes , handbrake
8th- emissions test - rev to 2000RPM
9th - Drive out - this takes less than 10 minutes! wait for the person to arrive back with the papers and a new ITV ( MOT ) sticker to place in the front window

pucc 02-09-13 01:32 PM

Mot

Took the Mrs for her yearly MOT, as I expected there were no problems.
I got one advisory for a little extra travel in the hand break. All sorted now.

MG 53 ZED 02-09-13 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan1971 (Post 319061)
Congrats.

My A/C is still in the car and all good if you need something.

Cheers Dan but i probably will not get it sorted untill next year as there are a few other jobs i want to get done on the Zed 1st.

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterzs (Post 319064)
Well done Hamish, changed my clutch at 75.000, started getting a bit stiff to get into 1st.

Certainly made it feel better, dont forget to check for a seized, clutch arm, if you get it done.

My a/c works but not as cold as it was, had it re-gassed 4 years ago, so cant complain.

Cheers Pete it's only when i have been driving the car for more than 45 minutes or it is a hot day i have to use a little bit of force to get her in gear. According to the paper work i have the clutch was replaced in 2010 so that should be ok. I had the A/C re-gassed about two months ago worked great for a couple of weeks then stoped putting out cold air so most likely is a leak somewhere?.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ant_ZS180 05-09-13 10:37 AM

Took the zed for its mot today and it sailed through with only one advisory on a worn inner front tyre, happy days! All the recent expense and effort was worthwhile

peterzs 05-09-13 11:08 AM

Well done.

Put two Hankooks on the front, had a 4 way alignment check, after getting it back to the o/e settings, the guy said it would wear the front two inner shoulders. Due to the factory set up!!!

So maybe a front to rear swap at some time to lessen the wear.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :hooray::hooray::hooray:

peterzs 12-09-13 04:44 PM

Thats my one done and dusted.

I use Halfords Autocentres, I know a lot dont rate them, but I never have any probs.

Only thing you have to watch is that they emailed me a reminder, and offered a special price of £35. But I know if you go online you get it for 1/2 price, so booked in for £27.42.

On the day, they reckoned the o/s/r number plate bulb was out, issued a fail and fitted a new one and issued a pass. £10 extra so they got £37.42 in the end, but I was happy at that.

:smile1::smile1::smile1: