theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Probably a dead ZS AGAIN!!!! (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=22114)

James Raby 28-07-12 04:52 PM

Probably a dead ZS AGAIN!!!!

1 Attachment(s)
Rear ended 3 times - yes correct 3 times!!!

guy over took me (4x4) into a space that wasn't there! and was driving like an idiot tbh, kept tailgating car in front of me and then braking sharply

over took said cars and after 1/4 - 1/2 mile changes to 50 limit, slow down and BANG! hit me, proceeded to try and slow down with indicator hit me again! backed off and when stopped massive BANG!

clearly did it on purpose and reported to insurance etc, police even said seems a clear case of dangerous driving no matter what happened previously!

i.e, he over took me and i re over took to proceed - the wings both have a crease in and noticeable damage just under the rear light units where it's bent the rear panel, no floor damage i can see

is this a gonna or a possible (fix it) jb?

James Raby 28-07-12 04:55 PM

Forgot to mention, guy said he was in a major hurry as he had to get his son to an appointment at the hospital (someone pulled out infront of him 3 weeks ago!)

great example to show your son i suppose...

didnt want to give me any details, didnt want to supply name or address - best i got was a business card and a reg number!

scotttait 28-07-12 05:03 PM

looks easily fixable, however, is it finacially worth it on your behalf? (insurance WILL write it off), the could potentially be suspension damage etc, the major factors are usually what you cant see, brake it?

peterzs 28-07-12 05:03 PM

You do get some 4 x 4 drivers who think they can push everyone out of their way, or they can swap lanes no matter if you are already there.

Hope it is fixable, did you find a cheaper Typhoon paint supplier???

Damage doesnt look too bad, long as the boot floor isnt creased. Hope the insurance sorts it and hammers the 4 x 4.

idge2003 28-07-12 05:07 PM

I'd of called 999 and said he was trying to leave a scene of an accident!

Brett

James Raby 28-07-12 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterzs (Post 265269)
You do get some 4 x 4 drivers who think they can push everyone out of their way, or they can swap lanes no matter if you are already there.

Hope it is fixable, did you find a cheaper Typhoon paint supplier???

Damage doesnt look too bad, long as the boot floor isnt creased. Hope the insurance sorts it and hammers the 4 x 4.

i did yeah, steve pointed me in the direction of that chap on ebay - delivered prompltly - was all done just needed the exhaust trim putting back on - now whats the f'in point!

boot floor looks fine, taking bumper off tomorrow ro check other stuff

Quote:

Originally Posted by idge2003 (Post 265272)
I'd of called 999 and said he was trying to leave a scene of an accident!

Brett

thought about it, but was too annoyed at his reaction - or lack of it!!

i would have normally been all fired up, but i just said wtf! and asked what the problem was....

will probably get it fixed (if it can be) getting 2 quotes but one from the place that did the work to my car beforehand and was perfect results!

other not too happy as seen the work they did to the door on bluey (was gonna be sold next week - probably keep it now lol)

MG6Turbo 28-07-12 05:26 PM

Its fixable, but the rear end on a zs isnt that strong, hence the quarters bow on a low speed impact.

Will need to be put on a body dozer minimum.

Both sides will need to be painted, maybe whole car to get paint to match !

Insurance will deffo write it off.

At least you can claim for whiplash, as this will be worth more than you will get for the car. I would get rid and go and buy something else.

G

James Raby 28-07-12 07:36 PM

Well, got to get it looked at during the week but also at the other place, so we'll see whats what really....

shame, spent so much time "trying" to make a good car for someone to go and ruin it so easily

peterzs 28-07-12 07:46 PM

Is a good car, Steve Cleenz sorted a lot worse on his Typhoon, few years back.

I remember him using a puller to sort out n/s/r corner.

Just so annoying after getting the car up together.

Hope you get a good result.

James Raby 28-07-12 08:11 PM

As said, fixable but by what cost....?
Either way, just annoying so much time getting it right

stamford 28-07-12 08:26 PM

So sorry to hear of this. Seems to me this chap should be reported for failure to supply details, I would anil it hard mate. Gits like this should be booted off the road.

I too drive a 4x4 but do not drive it in that manner, 2.25 tons is not easy to get up to speed, let alone be in a position to overtake.

James Raby 28-07-12 08:39 PM

Chap at police call centre didn't seem too impressed, I did get some vibe that the 4x4 had issues (just a feeling when reg supplied)

Fred68 28-07-12 09:49 PM

Maybe it's known to them!! Hope you get it fixed easy enough!! Looking more cosmic then structural but needs to be checked. Defo go for a whiplash injury compo and hit him where it hurts!! You should get more out the compo than you'd get for the Zed sadly :(
Good luck

andys1981 28-07-12 10:05 PM

thats shocking mate,the car probably will get written off,but its fixable,my first zed was a lot worse and i bought it back and fixed in time for the scots modified show,as it was on the stand didnt want to let folk down,used a ratchet strap and a tree,with my mate watching the back end as i pulled the back end out!

Smokey 28-07-12 11:38 PM

Glad you are ok though mate.

James Raby 29-07-12 12:07 AM

Dont think I'll be using a tree lol

As for me, can't sleep prob cos I'm pissed off meh!

Old shoulder injury also giving some grief after sitting comfy for a couple of hrs... :(

MG 53 ZED 29-07-12 05:43 AM

Sorry to hear that i really hope you are able to get your ZS fixed that's such a nice Zed love the colour. That bloke should not be allowed to drive, i can understand that i would be the same, best getting your shoulder checked though.

Dan1971 29-07-12 07:43 AM

:hmm:

Seems a bit funny to me.

Lots of overtaking braking etc .... Not a straight forward - "I was going into a roundabout and the guy behind just didn't stop"

Quite simply - the other party is at fault if you were rear ended. You have to be supplied with the name and address of the driver and reg of the car at the scene of a damage only accident. If it's an injury accident, you also have to be provided with the insurance details. If you are now injured - I advise reporting to the police.

There is no reason for you to be out of pocket if you're involved in an accident and it's not your fault - or if it is your fault - it should just cost you your excess unless your just 3rd party - that's why we are all insured.

Make a call via the details on the card - ask to meet and get it sorted or claim against him.

Hope things work out but at least you walked away - which is always a bonus.

Smokey 29-07-12 09:48 AM

Well said Dan :)

James Raby 29-07-12 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan1971 (Post 265331)
:hmm:

Seems a bit funny to me.

Lots of overtaking braking etc .... Not a straight forward - "I was going into a roundabout and the guy behind just didn't stop"

Quite simply - the other party is at fault if you were rear ended. You have to be supplied with the name and address of the driver and reg of the car at the scene of a damage only accident. If it's an injury accident, you also have to be provided with the insurance details. If you are now injured - I advise reporting to the police.

There is no reason for you to be out of pocket if you're involved in an accident and it's not your fault - or if it is your fault - it should just cost you your excess unless your just 3rd party - that's why we are all insured.

Make a call via the details on the card - ask to meet and get it sorted or claim against him.

Hope things work out but at least you walked away - which is always a bonus.

Dan, Police are aware as insurance has decided its a cause of intentional damage to my vehicle and the Police also take this line

Suspicions were noticed by myself as said when quoting regestration number (it's like it popped something up)

In any case, I have a Nationwide looking at the car during the week and it's also going to the company that did the paintwork on my car not so long back - it was spot on and couldn't fault it (have used before)

I think whatever happens here, unless something amazing pops up whilst this is being dealt with the car will get repaired and it needs a wet/dry as its got waaaaaaaaaaay too much laquer on the car down the sides (180 instead of 80-90 on the bonnet and roof) clearly had some work in the past

I drove a Q plate Escosrt RS Turbo in the padt for almost 4 years and it didn;t bother me one tiny little bit!!

My shoulder kept me awake for some of the night and killed this morning (this has obviously been dragged up from a whiplash I had in 1998!!)

Steves Cleenz 29-07-12 10:27 PM

that dont look as bad as mine was, are the rear door gaps closed? the best thing about the ZS is how it is designed for rear end damage throwing the impact under the car! that will not need pulling, both my rear quarters were bowed from the impact, rear panel was crumpled and boot was pushed in, the thing with yours is that it was a standstill impact like mine was so it does look minimal, you can get away with just painting the rear quarters on there own so will not need a full side respray, believe me i have already been there and done it as you know, get the bumper off and have a look, is that bumper salvageable? get the heat gun on it and see if it will pop back into shape, not too hot though lol, here are some pics of mine:

just after it happened:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11...r/PICT1221.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11...r/PICT1224.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11...r/PICT1225.jpg

couple of weeks after in the light:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11...d/PICT1253.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11...d/PICT1255.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11...d/PICT1257.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11...d/PICT1263.jpg

James Raby 29-07-12 10:36 PM

If you have a quick look on Facebook Steve you can clearly see the creases!
Feel them easy too, gaps where boot meets wings so a little tweak needed, rear impact bars ok, killed the bumper and it's split too, think damage is to rear panel and cracked paintwork just to the insides of both light clusters and bent metal - easy fix IMO, just the boot lid to knock out or pull out (can get to dent)

See tomorrow morning I guess, takE it down so I know the score

Quadcam24 30-07-12 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG6Turbo (Post 265278)
At least you can claim for whiplash, as this will be worth more than you will get for the car. I would get rid and go and buy something else.

G

assuming he has whiplash, if he has then fair enough.......but otherwise your just a thief.
Situations like this show an individuals true colours.

andy-81 30-07-12 06:08 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your accident pal i hope your sound now have you had the car fixed and everything sorted

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadcam24 (Post 265527)
assuming he has whiplash, if he has then fair enough.......but otherwise your just a thief.
Situations like this show an individuals true colours.

I don't mean to be funny quadcam but some comments are best kept to your self

Dan1971 30-07-12 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-81 (Post 265542)
I'm sorry to hear about your accident pal i hope your sound now have you had the car fixed and everything sorted

I don't mean to be funny quadcam but some comments are best kept to your self

Agreed .....

James Raby 30-07-12 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-81 (Post 265542)

Got it looked at this morning by the trusted garage I use, everything seems like it can be either pulled/pushed or manipulated back into shape (with exception of bumper

however as insurance are concerned the pait will write the car off...

Nationwide want to see it and have explained what I've seen and they are happy to have me involved in the assesment stage of things :)

Also said If i can prove the company I got the paint from are genuine they may well get the paint from them to save the wrote off stage and repair car???

andy-81 30-07-12 10:49 PM

i've read on another thread that you can fight to have the car fixed as it wasn't your fault i can't remember who it was though

guru 30-07-12 11:20 PM

Sorry to hear about this, which part of our fair county did it happen in?

Sadly much as the other driver should be prosecuted I think that without having a police attendance so they could take statements etc it will be very hard to prove. Personally I would have called them and then if the other driver left before they arrived reported him for failing to stop at the scene of an accident. When a Renault Clio drove into me a few years back I made him stop and give me his details. When I asked for his insurance company he became vague and I started to worry that he wasn't insured. He said that he'd give me a call later with the details to which my answer was 'you've got 2 options, either give me your insurance details now or I assume you're uninsured and call the police'. Thankfully after some frantic calls he managed to get me his policy number which I checked with my insurers who confirmed it was genuine. If you're not sure, I think a top tip in those situations is to get your insurers on the phone and let them talk you through what to do, they should know how to handle an accident!

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-81 (Post 265619)
i've read on another thread that you can fight to have the car fixed as it wasn't your fault i can't remember who it was though

Indeed, especially if the car was unique in some way...........monogram for instance ;)
In that situation they may just make an inflated offer for the car just to get the matter dealt with. Also bear in mind that all the time your car is off the road you should be claiming for a company car on the other party's insurance. Even if you don't need the car it's still worth doing as it means they will try to resolve the claim quicker as it's costing them money and are even more likely to offer more to stop long discussions about it!

Finally the golden rule when dealing with a written off car is to never accept their first offer!!!!! When my Lexus Soarer was written off by being rear ended a few years back I managed to squeeze £5500 out of the insurance, which I didn't think was bad for a car that I picked up from auction a few months earlier for £3500! Hope it all works out.

andy-81 31-07-12 07:00 PM

if you want to keep the from being written off then push as much as you can to get it fixed, why sjould you lose out when it wasn't your fault even offer to have the car fixed yourself and send them the bill

James Raby 31-07-12 11:48 PM

Just outside of wroxham towards rackheath!

Driving it still as its fine to be on road, nationwide collecting Monday and leaving me a silly C1?!

Need to check as sure I have like for like....

I did take offer on blue one as for 136k they offered 1600!!! Silly not too!

Won't be going down that route with this!!

guru 01-08-12 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Raby (Post 265812)
Just outside of wroxham towards rackheath!

Driving it still as its fine to be on road, nationwide collecting Monday and leaving me a silly C1?!

Need to check as sure I have like for like....

I did take offer on blue one as for 136k they offered 1600!!! Silly not too!

Won't be going down that route with this!!

That area just seems to be a **** magnet, my wife drives through Wroxham every day to get to work and is forever having people almost hitting her :(

If the other party's insurance isn't disputing the claim then you should have a hire car by now, and you can insist on like for like. When the clio hit my BMW because his insurance didn't dispute it they contacted me to offer me a hire car. I accepted and asked what it would be only to be told a Corsa or similar! I argued with the woman that a Corsa wasn't very similar to a 540i Touring!!! After about 15 mins on the phone she agreed to authorise me for a premium hire car and later that evening a very new Mercedes CLS was delivered to my door :laugh: For the next 3 weeks I got to drive around in a 55k merc whilst they put my 10 year old BMW back together!!!!!

BTW one thing worth remembering is that if you are hit and the other party admits liability then you will still get a hire car paid for even if your own policy doesn't include it as you are claiming off of their insurance. I've never had replacement cover on any of my policies as I always have at least 3 cars but still got the merc!

James Raby 07-08-12 10:33 PM

got a silly pug 106 today!!! 3 cylinders rule man!!!

pmsl :spider:

2 accessors and 3 bodyshop chaps scratching heads and looking underneath car pointing out what needed doing etc, did point out in certain lights the bootlid is screwed! its slightly twisted and with a bulge too
1197 + vat trade for litre of IAB typhoon paint - as expected - said wouldnt get it from any other source

GOOD NEWS is i have all the monogram brochures MG did saying how much the paint was extra so will use that as my advantage here....

did say it is easily fixable with a new lid and bumper, just the paint would be the issue!

Steves Cleenz 08-08-12 08:03 AM

cant you get them to use the bloke off Ebay? he is loads cheaper than that

James Raby 08-08-12 02:35 PM

Has been mentioned, either way it's getting fixed, need it flattened too Steve ;)

James Raby 14-08-12 11:00 AM

phone call this morning, CAT C total loss, retaining vehicle though

fix or move on,,,,,,,,,

Lukeus101 14-08-12 11:08 AM

Give it one last chance mate :)

guru 14-08-12 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Raby (Post 267877)
phone call this morning, CAT C total loss, retaining vehicle though

fix or move on,,,,,,,,,

Sorry to hear that, just make sure you get a sensible amount for the car, refuse their first, second and third offers at least!!!!!!

Might be worth getting some quotes from local bodyshops for the repair but I suspect that even with sourcing your own paint it's still going to be pricey, just depends on how much you want to keep the car!

James Raby 14-08-12 12:10 PM

needs a jig at the very least, pull rear panel out and pull the rear wings in towards eachother so they at least meet the lines

new bootlid and rear bumper required....

stamford 14-08-12 12:21 PM

Bad news James.

James Raby 14-08-12 12:59 PM

spoke to bodyshop who did paint last time, get someone to pull it straight as said and they said worst come to worst 1400 for a full repaint