theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Biggest annoyance with your ZS (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=1727)

Southern Storm 30-10-07 10:41 PM

Biggest annoyance with your ZS

Right. We love our motors and maybe even their quirky little habits. Sleek styling, lusty sounding engines and a proud heritage.
But what bugs you about it?
Its between 2 things for me.
1. At the slightest site of rain my car steams up faster than your average rusty mondeo at the local red light district. :evilmad:
2. The boot won't stay up with that spoiler on it if I am parked on even the slightest of uphill gradients. The lump on my head proves this :(
So what do you love to hate about your ZS? :hmmm:

sduk 30-10-07 10:59 PM

I have a rattle by my passenger airbag, cannot find the cause of it and it bugs the hell out of me! had the glove box and airbag out but cant see whats loose lol.

apart from that I love it :D

Smokey 31-10-07 12:27 AM

1. the amount of flies and other road crap that hits my windscreen...seems to be far more than with the Punto even at similar speeds...like the windscreen is to horitontal or something.
2. no rear windscreen wiper
3. rattle in similar place to Sammy
probably other things but I love it to bits..

Mat C 31-10-07 06:29 AM

The 30 second immobiliser trip-out. Does my head in.

Having to take out the arch liner to replace an indicator bulb , that's an easy roadside repair isn't it - NOT !

Same goes for the passenger side headlight bulbs. You have to move the battery to get to it.

Boot carpet and lining that you wouldn't lay in a hostel with crappy fastenings to match.

General lack of storage areas especialy in the rear.

stamford 31-10-07 07:20 AM

My only negative is the ill fitting boot liner around the rear light clusters.

Oh and the steering lock of course, how could I forget that one! :laugh:

KevG 31-10-07 07:39 AM

Yeah Mike, The Steering to do a simple u turn you need the a least a 3 mile wide bit in the road to do so, how crap is that, also the 3 point turns too, they turn into 6 or in some cases 9 if my misses is driving!!!
The rear N/S brake/disc that decides to squeals when reversing, even tho, new disks and pads are on!!!

Maxxed_Ross 31-10-07 08:09 AM

1. The imobiliser on mine seems super sensitive, on the ZR you could just press 'unlock' again and that would work, but on the ZS you need to turn off the ignition and lock the car again first!

2. virtually no storage cubby holes apart from the arm rest. I really miss all the handy holders in the ZR

3. No rear wiper, makes reversing in the rain fun

4. the heavy spoiler problem, my boot won't stay open either

5. All the guff in the way of the back of the headlights. I had to change a sidelight bulb on the passenger side and almost couldn't get to it!

6. The funny 'blown gasket' noise that comes from under the dash somewhere. I think a gromit is missing in the bulkhead but damned if I can find it!

7. position of the interior light - in that it gives no light what-so-ever to the back seats at night

**edit**

8. Almost forgot about the crazy high clutch peddel, what is that all about???

9. the icons for moving the seats on mine seem to be back to front. The icon that looks like height adjustment is actually for forward and back! The passenger seat looks like it only has height adjustment! Weird!

nothin2lose 31-10-07 08:25 AM

I've had mine 6 months now ( at least ) & want another one but the negatives of this ( 40 k ) car are:-

Rattles as people state, but I knew about these before buying the car through reading up about them, ( plus with the music on they're barely noticable )

the Fact I can't fit a full spare tyre in the hole in the boot

It makes me drive like an idiot sometimes( cuz i like it so much )

Still think theres only a small amount of legroom in the back

No sunroof is bad , & air con leaks so no use refilling it again after wasting 35 quid last time for it only to work 2 days.

I had my ZS as my screensaver at work, ( as i'm trying to convert my team to liking them that was sorta working ) my manager comes down & starts taking the **** "A ROVER as your background no wonder the pc is running slow if you have a ROVER as your background" I gave him a good argument for my car but I found out he fancies jeremy clarkson so I know I'll never convince him.

No gimmicks, its a no frills car imo, my friends cars of the same age ( 52 reg ) all have gadgets that tell you thinks or do things for you & mine basically drives & tells the time , sometimes I want something a little more gimmicky...... ( does the mark2 have any btw )

Steves Cleenz 31-10-07 08:37 AM

the things i hate about my ZS are:

as soon as you hit 90mph the sunroof starts whistle and then you have to mess around with it so it stops

again the carpet round the rear lights

electric window control switches (why aint they all together?) and that switch that turns them off even the passenger one ?

arwilson80 31-10-07 08:38 AM

The lack of power. :angel:

...and the front splitter being too low. I'm forever scrapting it on some of the slopes coming out of car parks.

Oh and the amount of fuel it drinks.

and a few of the other things that have been mentioned - passenger headlight bulb (had to do both headlights within a week of each other), Bootliner & steering lock.