theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Smokey's site track day car (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Site track car - "The Rebuild" - Bodies required! (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=24258)

Smokey 31-01-13 10:19 PM

Site track car - "The Rebuild" - Bodies required!

Well as some may know, things are making headway now with the site track car.

We have the car at Marcus' house where it was introduced to its new engine.

The front end has been partially stripped by Marcus and Grimmy to save some time.

The big news is, the swap should be going ahead on the 8th and 9th February. Now we need as many bodies as possible to help. Marcus and I are available both dates, Grimmy is fine for the Saturday at least... so who else is available and willing to lend a hand?

Bacon rolls will be supplied as I will be buying the equivalent of a pigs worth!

This should see the car back to track glory once the better weather comes!

Ritchy 01-02-13 06:28 AM

I'm in fort willam then, sorry

peterzs 01-02-13 09:55 AM

whatever else, get a engine hoist/crane.

Plus if you can do it on a hard standing so you can push/pull the crane into position.

grimmy 01-02-13 10:59 AM

Engine hoist is being organised I think Pete and the car is sat on slabs so easy access

peterzs 01-02-13 11:29 AM

Makes it so much easier, dont forget that pig of a roll pin, that you have to knock out. Thats twice, one on the track car, one on the s/h engine.

Proper pin punch or drift is a must, plus a big hammer!!!!

Jacks and axle stands to get the height, I'd even be tempted to get it to a friendly garage, so you could use their ramps, if you cant get it out quickly.

BUCKYDEVIL 01-02-13 12:17 PM

Called round Hire companys today & I can get Engine hoist delivered on Fri for wkend hire with collection afterwards for £40 all in inc VAT,
played a few small places against each other :smart:
Blair Im supposed to be Dayshift next Fri but will put in for a holiday,
If I cant get it I will be home around 3pm but no probs with people being here to make an early start if they can.
Also if it runs into Sunday 8th that isnt a problem as Im off.

Maxxed_Ross 01-02-13 02:44 PM

I should be able to get hold of an engine crane, just waiting to hear back from my mate who currently has it

Worth keeping the hire company as a back up though

Cally180 01-02-13 03:47 PM

The 9th is my birthday weekend so ill be a man down for that and would only be eating you bacon rolls and feeling rough! haha!

BUCKYDEVIL 01-02-13 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxxed_Ross (Post 294532)
I should be able to get hold of an engine crane, just waiting to hear back from my mate who currently has it

Worth keeping the hire company as a back up though

That would be great Ross, Ive to get intouch with the Hire company I was going to use on Thursday to pay & give delivery details,
If you can manage to get yours can you txt me if you still got my number or PM here or Bookface before Thursday 5pm, Cheers

Cally feel free to come along even if your rough as nothing cures a hangova better than greasy rolls & Iron Bru.
If you can make it PM me for address, & if not then hope you have a great Birthday Wkend

Stephen 01-02-13 04:38 PM

Finish at 4 on friday, and im off sat/sun!

Il be there :)