theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Build Projects (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Stamford’s ZS180 (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=25692)

stamford 13-06-23 06:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The zed moved into its new home yesterday. Still a few jobs to do. At least it's under cover and I can progress it's rebuild. Thinking of keeping it trophy blue as that's it's identity and the reason I bought it. Besides a colour change will be a big task. However, it won't be just plain blue.

peterzs 13-06-23 09:50 AM

waiting to see it finished.

:bow::bow::bow:

Dan1971 13-06-23 10:15 PM

Nice...

stamford 14-06-23 07:47 PM

Starts on the button every time so far! Love hearing it again. Gave it a wash this evening, so much dust got under the cover.

stamford 06-07-23 06:20 PM

Doing a bit here and there. Some on the garage, some on the zed.

Garage now has led strip lights, what a transformation! Plumbed in water to front and back so the outside tap that now resides inside the garage now supplies taps for the back garden and driveway.

The zed has been prepped and ready for it’s polycarbonate windows, left off until the bodywork has been finished. Got the lightweight door panels to fit, all profiled.

At some point I will be contacting Matt Reidy regarding the possibility of dialling in the throttle bodies. It might be too much for him but unless I ask I won’t know.

peterzs 07-07-23 11:44 AM

sounds like you are getting there, good luck with it.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

p_b82 07-07-23 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 381805)

At some point I will be contacting Matt Reidy regarding the possibility of dialling in the throttle bodies. It might be too much for him but unless I ask I won’t know.

He's based even closer to me now than before - since I moved & he moved locations.

If you do end up at his unit ping me and I'll see if I can swing by and catch-up and have a poke around too!

stamford 15-09-23 06:41 PM

Not much to report. Storage and shallow worktop/bench added for the zed parts. Been busy elsewhere doing DIY. Each time I look at the zed I see so much work!

Dan1971 16-09-23 03:21 PM

I'm surprised after making that garage look so good Mick....

stamford 17-09-23 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan1971 (Post 381847)
I'm surprised after making that garage look so good Mick....

Busy life, other things get in the way and some are more important like family. It’ll improve in time. Got the winter months to enjoy. These hot days are too much.

stamford 06-05-24 04:41 PM

I will admit to being down about working on the zed. So much work to do, so much rust underneath. Being outside so long hasn’t helped. I was close to scrapping it! Today I spent time cleaning the inside and emptying out the crap I had stored in it. Tried to start it, it ran for a bit but it needs some fresh fuel. At least DMGRS now have repair sections for those jacking points. Got a plan to get a few jobs done this year and moving forward.

peterzs 07-05-24 08:18 AM

I always think they are worth spending the money on, buy a new high end car and you can lose £10,000 a year!! That goes a long way to buy spares and pay for the labour. Plus you have a great head turning car, just have to remember these new hybrid can have 450 bhp!! Derv is still going well. ;-)
:hooray::hooray::hooray: :D :D

p_b82 07-05-24 08:29 AM

Yeah I've been trying to get my ZS MOT'd now for a few years it seems, but the person who has it is being very reticent.

Without that I can't pick it up, and I'm worried to get it trailered down to find out it's gone too crusty to be economical to repair underneath. (it wasn't good with the time on the farm, but it has been mostly indoors this time at least).

Hope when you do take a proper look at things, it's not as bad as your fear.

Dan1971 07-05-24 10:08 PM

I think once you start you'll be fine mate. It's getting started that is always the hard part.

Head down, start a list.

The day you scrap that Z will be the day this site closes....and I've just paid my subs....

Dan1971 07-05-24 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterzs (Post 382045)
I always think they are worth spending the money on, buy a new high end car and you can lose £10,000 a year!! That goes a long way to buy spares and pay for the labour. Plus you have a great head turning car, just have to remember these new hybrid can have 450 bhp!! Derv is still going well. ;-)
:hooray::hooray::hooray: :D :D

Ive been running an e class estate for a year. Paid 25k....worth 18 if I'm lucky now. Pouring money down the drain.

peterzs 08-05-24 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan1971 (Post 382048)
Ive been running an e class estate for a year. Paid 25k....worth 18 if I'm lucky now. Pouring money down the drain.

Nice to have a reliable car, but I suppose that is the cost of it. I bet the new EV vehicles lose more than that.

That's why the personal leasing things are so popular, least you know what to budget and do not get too much of a shock. Saying that I have heard that they love charging for any bumps and scratches, specially curbed wheels.

Wonder if the EV bubble has burst??

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Dan1971 08-05-24 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterzs (Post 382049)
Nice to have a reliable car, but I suppose that is the cost of it. I bet the new EV vehicles lose more than that.

That's why the personal leasing things are so popular, least you know what to budget and do not get too much of a shock. Saying that I have heard that they love charging for any bumps and scratches, specially curbed wheels.

Wonder if the EV bubble has burst??

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Not burst but slowed because they delayed the ban on combustion engines I think. Values are not good because newer ones are now cheaper and the range better.

Manufactures have to hit a set percentage of new sales being electric, so for example a new Honda I read was being offered with 0%, massive discounts to the extent they were being sold at a loss in order that they hit the target.

peterzs 09-05-24 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan1971 (Post 382050)
Not burst but slowed because they delayed the ban on combustion engines I think. Values are not good because newer ones are now cheaper and the range better.

Manufactures have to hit a set percentage of new sales being electric, so for example a new Honda I read was being offered with 0%, massive discounts to the extent they were being sold at a loss in order that they hit the target.

so much for my economics lessons, law of supply and demand!! So I suppose the ICE cars that they sell are subsidising the loss on all the EVs that are sold, or given away.

I did see a number of manufactures are stopping the manufacture of EVs.

Think Hydrogen will be the way to go if they want to stop the ICE cars. Or hybrid cars!!

Ford stops F-150 electric pickup shipments
All 2024 Lightning models have been halted due to an undisclosed quality issue. Meanwhile, shipments of the gas-powered F-150 electric pickups resumed last week after hundreds (if not thousands) of trucks piled up in Detroit lots. Even though deliveries are still anticipated in Ford’s “early 2024” window, several trucks have been accumulating on lots since December. According to a business customer, their order for roughly 100 trucks alone has already been delayed by eight weeks.

:hmmm: