theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Build Projects (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Stamford’s ZS180 (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=25692)

andys1981 09-08-13 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 316974)
I've now used the zed for the second day to work this week. Last night on the commute home I think I have woken the ecu up as it drove differently last night :D Not only did it surprise me but also the BMW that was trying to get past me and gave up! I did too when I glanced at the speedo! :oops:

Anyway the zed feels a lot tighter on the road then I remember, maybe all in the mind, but may also be the polybushed ARB and new LCAs on the back. The new tyres feel really grippy too, it was quite damp this morning.

Might take a slight detour tonight and do the Hindhead tunnel :w00t:

good stuff mick glad to hear the zeds putting a smile on yer face,if you do go home via tunnel,put your phone on record lol,let us hear it

stamford 09-08-13 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skillen (Post 316983)
:morepics:

I want to see these arches and clearance!
See if I can lower mine or not.

I had a mad thought last night that I should just start cutting the metal away and hiding it with the body kit haha!

Nothing to see tbh, just rolled them but they don't look any different! I'm going to see a bodyshop tomorrow to get a feel on cost to cut the arches away and fit either hotrod ones or mk1 Golf flares.

Quote:

Originally Posted by andys1981 (Post 316984)
good stuff mick glad to hear the zeds putting a smile on yer face,if you do go home via tunnel,put your phone on record lol,let us hear it

Could do! :D

Dan1971 09-08-13 12:51 PM

Glad you're enjoying it again Mick. Too good to be sitting around collecting dust !

daytona365 09-08-13 08:27 PM

We should do a group "drive through" mmmmmmmmm

peterzs 09-08-13 08:35 PM

A Tunnels run.............................. Sounds good!!!!!

:beer::beer::beer:

stamford 10-08-13 05:59 PM

Dropped by a bodyshop this morning to get a feel for the work required and price for flaring the arches, reshaping the bumpers etc. He said he could roll the fronts and shape the bumper to match as these are pretty good to start with. The rears require more work as little to work with but he can panel beat them out and heat the bumper to reshape it to suit. With that done and painted around £500-600. So the current set-up will clear at all times and no rubbing. We'll see if the BTCC kit comes to fruition as that has gone quiet so I have another avenue to go later on.

stamford 18-08-13 06:00 PM

Rear camber adjusters fitted today, quick clean and polish but no time for photos! Rubs too much when 4 up!

peterzs 18-08-13 07:03 PM

Rear seats out again, simples.

stamford 18-08-13 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterzs (Post 317960)
Rear seats out again, simples.

Indeed :D

peterzs 19-08-13 08:30 AM

Trouble is I was just joking!!!!

:):):):)