theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Members Cars (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   my zs supercharged back on the road (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=10060)

garymgzs180 17-11-09 12:01 PM

my zs supercharged back on the road

5 Attachment(s)
hi everyone. here is my 2005 saloon. i got a sprintex supercharger for it back in june but got it back on the road in september. had a few problems and modifications to do but it is all running ok now. it has done 2030 miles since without a worry and was rolling roaded at 238bhp and 200lbft of torque in sept. i have since added programmed water/methanol injection which has allowed me to advance the ignition timing further without pinking. i have also made a few adjustments to the camshaft timing with the aid of some vernier pullies. this has has removed some of the valve overlap and given me 1psi boost more. now running at 5 psi. so i will soon get it rolling roaded again to see what the gains are.

Supercharged_Z 17-11-09 12:19 PM

hi mate,

looks good, i also have a supercharged zs, probably the longest ongoing, since 2005. had a fair share of issues mind you.

just so you know they run 5psi as std.

stamford 17-11-09 01:55 PM

It's been a fair while! Sounds like it is sorted now then. Where in Hants are you? You never told us last time.

garymgzs180 17-11-09 02:39 PM

im in bordon near farnham. are you guys local. how many miles has your supercharged zs done with the cgarger on. what power output is yours.

carmadbaker 17-11-09 03:53 PM

nice man! we need more pioneers like you :) no moanin...nothing is ever a problem....and hey presto the job gets done! successfully! well done mate, top job :thumbsup:

Supercharged_Z 17-11-09 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garymgzs180 (Post 127599)
im in bordon near farnham. are you guys local. how many miles has your supercharged zs done with the cgarger on. what power output is yours.

hi mate

mine ran 266bhp 2 years ago.

done 40odd k quite a lot of miles, but had all the trouble, my car really has been the test car for the past 4 years.

2 engine rebuilds
screw units suplied by sprintex packing up
i know you have had the bearings changed, your oil feed is different, i would be slightly concerned as you need to keep the gears cool on the charger, and oil is what does that, also lubricated, im not sure where your outlet is, but left for a day or two is drains away.
i say this as i had the gears get hot, it melts the plastic spider and then the chargers screws lose there timing and basicly wedge themself into the casing

i hope you dont have problems, i never went down the water injection route, but along with lots of other stuff i am considering it.

there is a lot to go wrong, yours looks good, i just dont trust the supplied ecu. somthing to bear in mind if i was you

good luck with it though, we should meet up one day

Ross

peterzs 17-11-09 06:05 PM

Hats off to both of you for going the Supercharged route, have to take them both up to Santa Pod, Run what yer brung, be interesting to see the times and end speeds.

:super::super::super::wave::wave::wave:

stamford 17-11-09 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garymgzs180 (Post 127599)

Small world, but never seen your ZS! I drive through Bordon every workday as I work in Ash Vale. I live in Cowplain, just outside Portsmouth. You won't be seeing my zed as it is sorn'd for a while.

Jay-ZS+ 17-11-09 06:48 PM

Looks great mate tempted by the sc one on ebay

talkingcars 17-11-09 08:29 PM

Suppercharging has to be the way to go with a Vee, shame it isn't just a bolt on mod.