theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Build Projects (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   The Green Meany (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=15652)

Captain Bluebear 04-02-11 04:45 PM

The Green Meany

Well I'm not sure it's really a wip but I thought I'd let you all know how things are going so far.

Since buying the car just before Christmas she's had a fair bit of cash spent on her.

First the Cam belts & the water pump have been changed, the MG was on 55,000 when I bought & the previous owner had never had the belts changed. It's just as well I got the job done because one of the belt tensioners was found to be damaged.

Also a grumbly near side front wheel bearing was replaced at the same time, but there was still a rumbling noise coming from the rear.
The guys who done the cambelts said it might be the tyres. So today she went in for a pair of new boots & Powerflow exhaust, the old system was starting to blow as well!:laugh:

The tyre fitter confirmed that the rears were shot & explained that the rubber on the inside edge was cracked & that would allow water into the interior of the tyre carcass where it would corrode the steel banding & allow the tyre to deform. I also splashed out on a four wheel alignment while the car was there as well.

I've also replaced the tired MG badges with spanky new ones.

The next jobs are to fit a oil catch tank, uprate the air filter, clutch upgrade & I'll probably change the discs & pads in the near future too.
There's some cosmetic jobs to be done but they'll have to wait until I'm happy with the car mechanically.

But for now the car is rumble free & sounding fab with it's new zorst. :bigsmile:

andys1981 04-02-11 05:55 PM

nice mate,dunno what it is but i just cant get into the hatchback versions,cos ive had a saloon,maybe if i wasnt so fussy i would be back in one eh lol

nick_1973 04-02-11 06:00 PM

How much was the 'zorst?

mattie007 04-02-11 06:04 PM

Looks great!

Captain Bluebear 04-02-11 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andys1981 (Post 193653)
nice mate,dunno what it is but i just cant get into the hatchback versions,cos ive had a saloon,maybe if i wasnt so fussy i would be back in one eh lol

Tbf, I've already decided that when I come to replace this I think I'd like a MKII saloon in Black or Grey. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick_1973 (Post 193658)
How much was the 'zorst?

?250 for the catback system & about 2-3hrs to fit.

Where do I find the colour code? I need to change the rear spoiler as it's a darker shade of green to the rest of the car. I suspect that the original one was damaged & they (the previous owners) replaced it with what I assume is a BRG spoiler.

nick_1973 04-02-11 06:38 PM

I think its Le Mans green, paint code is HFN

Captain Bluebear 04-02-11 07:08 PM

Thank you. :D

I'll see if I can find a matching spoiler, if not I'll get this one painted.

Dan1971 04-02-11 08:48 PM

Very nice mate ... Exhaust looks good too.

peterzs 05-02-11 10:06 AM

Where do I find the colour code? I need to change the rear spoiler as it's a darker shade of green to the rest of the car. I suspect that the original one was damaged & they (the previous owners) replaced it with what I assume is a BRG spoiler.

Think the colour code is on a sticker on the front pass B post.

Cars looking great, lucky the tensioner didnt cut the belts up.

:happy2::happy2:

ian zs180 05-02-11 10:35 AM

Looks great mate