theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   *********wife******** (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=12942)

peterzs 10-07-10 06:15 PM

Had the car over 2 years, wife on insurance but wont drive it.

:):):):)

Stephen 10-07-10 07:01 PM

My mums on mine.

She moved it from the side of the house to the front and she kerbd my alloy. Since then shes never been in it, and refuses to drive it. My dad on the other hand! He doesnt drive it but any chance he has, he always trys to take it!

I am the only driver :)

Maxfly 10-07-10 07:15 PM

girlfriend is insured on mine but has a fear of driving it as she knows what would happen if she damaged it lol. She has driven it only about 4 times lol :D

will-w 10-07-10 08:37 PM

I let Laura drive mine all the time, she's only ever had one accident in any of my cars and that wasn't really her fault...

My Prelude was lowered (rather a lot) and Laura was driving rather briskly down a bumpy lane and bottomed it.. The sump actually had big graze marks down it and was dented, so was quite an impact! lol

stamford 10-07-10 11:16 PM

Kathy tried once, seat all the way forward, all the way up and still couldn't reach the pedals safely, think the zed might have moved about a metre! :laugh:

That was the only time, now there is no chance as it has a bucket seat and harness, think there is a couple of 'obstacles' in the way of the front straps :whistle: shame.........................:sly:

Anyhow it scares her now, too noisy, too bumpy and too fast............

scottforsyth 11-07-10 05:47 AM

would never let anyone drive mine if they want to drive one get there own

Ritchy 11-07-10 09:38 AM

ive drove yours scott lol

p_b82 11-07-10 03:15 PM

GF wont drive mine - she is too scared of it...

she is also extremely scared of damaging it, i think it would do her good to get to drive a decent car in order to get a bit more road craft, as her 206 handles like it has jelly for suspension and the wheels are conencted to the steering wheel by rubber bands :laugh:

However i would be petrified of her driving it on anything other than a motorway, as her spacial awareness is not great and a nice deserted B road might result in meeting traffic etc...

With all that said she is not insured on it, so it is all irrelevant.... i however get the 'pleasure' of being able to drive hers any time she doesn't want to drive - eg most the time.

Hambo-180 11-07-10 03:50 PM

women should never be allowed to drive unless they are dropping off or picking up their husbands or partners from the pub or sporting events and they should use their own car!!! :laugh:

Boot Hill Bandit 11-07-10 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hambo-180 (Post 161707)
women should never be allowed to drive unless they are dropping off or picking up their husbands or partners from the pub or sporting events and they should use their own car!!! :laugh:

**** me where is that ejector seat button when you need it :look:

I'M OUTTA HERE!!! lol