theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Car insurance who do you use? (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=22245)

stamford 17-09-12 06:24 PM

I've been on so many websites today I have lost track, had calls back and one hung up and didn't call me back!

Well just got off the phone to Greenlight after doing an on-line one earlier today and have got the best one yet, so I reckon thay have got the deal there, like for like cover and all the extras with a decent excess for £375 (annual).

Dan1971 17-09-12 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 272895)
I've been on so many websites today I have lost track, had calls back and one hung up and didn't call me back!

Well just got off the phone to Greenlight after doing an on-line one earlier today and have got the best one yet, so I reckon thay have got the deal there, like for like cover and all the extras with a decent excess for £375 (annual).

Would have thought a multi policy would be better for you ....

stamford 17-09-12 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan1971 (Post 272918)
Would have thought a multi policy would be better for you ....

Not at all Dan! I used to be with Admiral then one year I decided to check out other avenues and guess what? I saved a shed load of money by having three separate policies! So they are not as cheap as they put across. Besides they wouldn't entertain a modified policy at the time. Wouldn't use them again as the last time they were very rude.

M17TT180 17-09-12 07:30 PM

Swiftcover came out the cheapest for me.

Steven11 20-09-12 03:25 PM

£400 a year fully com with Admiral with my wife on it (yes i said it). And she has 6 points on her licence unlike my clean one.

stamford 21-09-12 11:23 AM

Surprising what a phone call can do. Just rang Adrian Flux to cancel my renewal as they wanted near on £660 this year which I told them was laughable, gone up every year. Then diverted to someone else, checked the quote I had and dropped it to £365. I have like-for-like cover on all mods, the usual cover etc, etc, also dropped the annual mileage to 7500, so sticking with them for another year. Next time I shall be doing the same, check around and call them back.

I did complain as to why it was so high and told them you will be losing business because of this.

p_b82 21-09-12 11:39 AM

that is the same tactic i use every year.

I get my renewal from A-plan, ring Adrain FLux, sky and finally greenlight get quotes from them all and ring a-plan with the lowest one they provided and askthem whether they will match it.

2 years ago they didn't and so i had greenlight for a year - but as i was a 'returning new customer' last year a-plan matched the price.

I suspect that it will be off to greenlight again for a year - wonder if i will get it near to the £500 i been paying for the past 3 years... dam i hate living in a city sometimes!

stamford 21-09-12 11:49 AM

Well until the phone call Pete I was going to switch to Greenlight! No point if they can drop it, may as well keep the paperwork trail to a minimum.

KirkJames 21-09-12 05:02 PM

Just got mine through and stuck with Admiral as I got the renewal down to 360 fully comp and protected with 200 voluntary excess. Can't argue with that!

bowthruster 16-12-12 11:37 AM

Insurance

had the zs180 for a week now,and it coincided with my renewal,shopped about and the best was rac,protected ncb,200 excess f/comp,£192