theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   ZS in shock MOT fail .... (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=22191)

Dan1971 03-08-12 09:15 AM

ZS in shock MOT fail ....

Needs the headlight adjusting - new R45 ones sitting there - a tyre, and a MOT area this year - the seat has to be able to move as intended.

P1ssed me off a little as it can be moved by using the bar underneath, but apparently it needs to move on the lever at the side.

Hmph ....

So - one new tyre needed - (2 more had advisories) - R45 lights to fit - and a replacement driver's seat might just be the easiest way to deal with the seat issue......

stamford 03-08-12 09:47 AM

Is the seat adjustment just a broken cable or bent rod? Should be an easy fix Dan with the seat out.

Ritchy 03-08-12 09:49 AM

if you fix the other items they may do the h/lamp allignment f.o.c., likely 45 will need adjusted too, will take 2 mins tops for them to do it, just an adjustment screw

peterzs 03-08-12 09:55 AM

Not too bad a hit Dan.

Guess who was asked to go with a daughter to choose a new Clio Initial???

She likes the seat high, anyway after touring around South London one Sunday Morning, saw a few cars, bought one, all the others she tried. This one, she didnt, I picked it up, drove it down here, she jumped in and tried to raise the seat.

Nooooo seat didnt move, into main dealer, thought £40 or £50, new spring or whatever.

£942 for a new seat, didnt do separate adjuster, got it welded up...................

Dan1971 03-08-12 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 266286)
Is the seat adjustment just a broken cable or bent rod? Should be an easy fix Dan with the seat out.

No idea mate .....

Dan1971 03-08-12 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ritchy (Post 266288)
if you fix the other items they may do the h/lamp allignment f.o.c., likely 45 will need adjusted too, will take 2 mins tops for them to do it, just an adjustment screw

It wasn't the beam direction being wrong or they would have - it was that it simply wasn't directed at all and he said a fault with the bulb or headlight itself .... ?

Dan1971 03-08-12 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterzs (Post 266290)
Not too bad a hit Dan.

Guess who was asked to go with a daughter to choose a new Clio Initial???

She likes the seat high, anyway after touring around South London one Sunday Morning, saw a few cars, bought one, all the others she tried. This one, she didnt, I picked it up, drove it down here, she jumped in and tried to raise the seat.

Nooooo seat didnt move, into main dealer, thought £40 or £50, new spring or whatever.

£942 for a new seat, didnt do separate adjuster, got it welded up...................

And welding is the issue - it has to be able to move or it will fail..... mine isn't welded - just broken. Your daughters will now fail though ....

Ritchy 03-08-12 09:58 AM

incorrect beam pattern is likely a bulb sitting upside down in the holder:)

peterzs 03-08-12 10:05 AM

We took it back to the garage that did the work.

:mml::mml::mml::mml:

ZS 03-08-12 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan1971 (Post 266293)
And welding is the issue - it has to be able to move or it will fail..... mine isn't welded - just broken. Your daughters will now fail though ....

Your welcome to the Drivers seat in this saloon if that helps? the bolster is a bit fekked... but mechanically it all works fine :)

Either swap over the covers... or just take the bits you need from this seat?

BTW, did the fog light arrive?