theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Build Projects (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   My ZS 180 British Racing Green (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=15056)

Dan1971 16-01-11 09:01 PM

Another quality post from someone putting the effort into their ZS. Great to see. Glad you're happy.

stamford 17-01-11 12:29 PM

Yes, great write up, hopefully helps other contemplating the change to go and do it.

OllieZS 24-01-11 06:14 PM

A little update

I have recently bought an ITG maxogen and just fitted it last weekend, and what a difference!

low down torque is increased, but tbh the power band is better everywhere actually! And the noise is lovely!

Then on saturday I was ran off the road.

I was minding my own buisness when coming around a long left hand bend, coming towards me on the opposite side were two artics, and as the road began to straighten there is some knob in a celica trying to overtake!
My heart stopped!

I hit the brakes, but the distance was to short, I braced myself for a head on and really thought this might be it, as the road is national speed limit, I was not far off 60, and god only knows how fast the celica was going!

Last minute I swerved over the kerb onto the grass/pavement, the oncoming traffic passed, as the back end came round on me and I came back onto the road sideways then hit the opposite kerb heavily then the car went into undergrowth, just before the car stopped it pitched almost over and I thought it was going to roll, but luckily it came back down on 4 wheels!

NO ONE STOPPED!

I got out the car ran back onto the road to just see the other traffic disappear!

I just cant get over who the hell would TRY to overtake 2 artics on a bloody corner!!!!!

luckily the car and I got away from it rather lightly, Im okay and had no passengers, the car needs to new alloys, 2 tyres and some scratches and marks removed, but luckily everything else is okay.

I was surprised how well everything stood up! a testament to the ZS!

I was searching all weekend for either a set or 2 wheels, but nothing really fitted the bill, until yesterday! I have managed to get hold of a set of BRAND NEW straights!! with centre caps! they are absolutly gorgeus! I almost dont want to put them on the car! lol

Pics soon!

My ZS will rule again!! lmao!

Dan1971 24-01-11 06:18 PM

Epic journey your having with your car pal.

So glad that you walked away from what could've been a fatal. As for the car - also glad that it's come out OK.

peterzs 24-01-11 06:37 PM

Just shows, could have left you upside down, what a lot of a*******s.

Glad you walked away from it, but more cost and time to sort out.

stamford 25-01-11 07:33 AM

I just hope the **** gets caught, won't be the last time he'll do it. Glad you are okay, could have been much worse by the sounds of it.

Baz27 11-02-11 08:01 PM

Great thread Ollie and glad to hear you are OK after the F*****g idiot in the Sillycar incident. I have a BRG 2004 180 and can thoroghly recommend the lightened fly wheel. I want to fit the Bilsteins but I have lowered Xpower springs would they be OK?

I'll keep a look out on the roads of South Glos for you. Mine has a K180 MG reg plate.

OllieZS 12-02-11 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baz27 (Post 195167)
Great thread Ollie and glad to hear you are OK after the F*****g idiot in the Sillycar incident. I have a BRG 2004 180 and can thoroghly recommend the lightened fly wheel. I want to fit the Bilsteins but I have lowered Xpower springs would they be OK?

I'll keep a look out on the roads of South Glos for you. Mine has a K180 MG reg plate.

Hi Baz

I highly recomend the Bilsteins, with regards the Xpower springs I dont want to comment as I am not 100% sure, it would be best to speak to the guys at Vehicle Handling Solutions on 07791329055 or 07871156137 or there website
vehiclehandlingsolutions.com

They are very helpfull and take a real interest.

With regards your lightened flywheel what make is yours?

I will keep an eye out for you!

petet16 12-02-11 10:24 AM

With regard to Xpower springs and VHS dampers they will work together fine, as I asked Andy about using lowered springs when I bought my dampers.

Baz27 13-02-11 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olliezs (Post 195206)
Hi Baz

I highly recomend the Bilsteins, with regards the Xpower springs I dont want to comment as I am not 100% sure, it would be best to speak to the guys at Vehicle Handling Solutions on 07791329055 or 07871156137 or there website
vehiclehandlingsolutions.com

They are very helpfull and take a real interest.

With regards your lightened flywheel what make is yours?

I will keep an eye out for you!

I'll have to ask my Son (DaveMGT) as he bought it for himself but I needed a clutch before he did.

Thanks for the info Pete16 will look into this soon.