theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Cars Wanted (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Zs 180 mk2 (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=13988)

Stephen 30-09-10 09:18 PM

Zs 180 mk2

My ZS Will be going in about a month from now, Iv started looking at 180's! was thinking of being sensible and buying a 120 and VVC conv, But i want that V6 Noise!.

Got to be a MK2 and its got to be a Saloon. Either Firefrost Red, Starlight Silver or Ignition Blue. Id also love for some Full Leathers or coloured alcantara! ;)

So if anyones got one and there selling soon, let me know :)

Will be in a position to buy in about 4 weeks :)

Stephen

BUCKYDEVIL 30-09-10 09:22 PM

You got a buyer lined up for yours then ?
?3700 should get you a nice example, happy hunting.

Phate 30-09-10 11:47 PM

Your an idiot if you get a 180.

stamford 01-10-10 07:16 AM

Why is that then Jake? He seems a sensible enough lad and if he wasn't I'm sure his parents would block any move to buy one. I doubt he has a brother like yours lying in wait to 'borrow' the keys ;)

Phate 01-10-10 07:56 AM

It doesn't matter if he has a brother worthy of nicking it or not.

An 18 year old who recently passed his test with a 180bhp high revving performance car especially with a comment of "I'm addicted to v6 noise" - therefore insinuating he's going to drive it aggressively. I think he'll either lose his license or have an accident.

You know these cars are a handful and when you reach that sort of power if you take the Mick they bite back!!

I said it for his own sake. An 18 year old who recently passed in a 2.5L v6 is dangerous IMO.

Sorry for raining down on the young lads parade but I don't think any of us want to come home and see a "I've had an accident" thread. People with many years experience can be caught out by this much grunt...seriously bad idea if you ask me.

peterzs 01-10-10 08:29 AM

I know what your saying Jake, but I met Stephen at the Longbridge MG Site Meet, in the summer, knows his cars and is a sensible, level headed guy.

Looking at the list of cars I expect Stephen has and knows how to drive a V6.

We can all get carried away with speed (cough) but its knowing when its safe to do so. If Stephens keen enough to travel down from Scotland to Birmingham to show his support for the MG's sure he gets my vote.

(Thinks back to the Brighton Pub car park) ;););) :whistle::whistle:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Phate 01-10-10 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterzs (Post 172923)
I know what your saying Jake, but I met Stephen at the Longbridge MG Site Meet, in the summer, knows his cars and is a sensible, level headed guy.

Looking at the list of cars I expect Stephen has and knows how to drive a V6.

We can all get carried away with speed (cough) but its knowing when its safe to do so. If Stephens keen enough to travel down from Scotland to Birmingham to show his support for the MG's sure he gets my vote.

(Thinks back to the Brighton Pub car park) ;););) :whistle::whistle:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm going to disagree with you Pete. I REALLY think it's a bad idea. But I won't say another word in this thread. It's not mine to spoil! I just hope I'm wrong.

Yes I nailed it in the carpark, but I knew full well what I was doing, and did it intentionally ;)

Dan1971 01-10-10 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phate (Post 172906)
Your an idiot if you get a 180.

bit harsh ..... :confused:

peterzs 01-10-10 08:35 AM

Hi Jake, I know your only trying to help and its with the best intentions.

:beer2::beer2:

Maxfly 01-10-10 08:37 AM

Can see what ye mean Jake but Stephen should know well how to drive and sweeping generalisations aint always the best...could say you shouldn't have a car at all as yer from Essex and everyone knows what young men who are from Essex drive like ;)