theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Alloy Wheel Refurbishment (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=17653)

CyrixDes 09-07-11 09:54 PM

Alloy Wheel Refurbishment

Hi all, just picked up my 180 and unfortunately all the alloys have kerbing marks all the way around the edges. Never having to have alloys refurbished on any other cars im unsure a) can a decent wheel refurbisher bring them back to new-ish, b) how much can I expect to pay per wheel and c) most importantly can anyone recommend a good place to do it in the Ashby/Burton/Derby/Tamworth area?

Cheers
Dale

Captain Bluebear 09-07-11 10:23 PM

The last ones I had done were refurbished by the original wheel manufactures (KN Wheels in Telford) & they charged ?35 per (14 inch wheel, wheel size will affect price) if memory serves me right. I think they refurb any make of wheel as well. :)

I think there's a place near spaghetti junc' in Brum that gets good press but I can't think of the name, maybe someone on here might know who I'm thinking of?

Hambo-180 09-07-11 10:41 PM

i can highly recommend getting your wheels refurbed! I got mine powder coated and they came up like new. Mine were ?180 for same day, car delivered at 9am picked up at 5pm job done!!! Brilliant!

Steves Cleenz 09-07-11 11:54 PM

speak to my mate who does it he is mobile so comes to you (tamworth), his number is 07900937420 and his name is Paul, say steves cleenz gave you the number :)

the place in brum is called laptab, been getting mixed replies back from laptab about there quality of work, my wheels were done there by the previous owner and they are crap, paint flaking off

MG ZS STE 10-07-11 12:22 AM

i can recommend city powder coaters in brum. ?20 a corner and get a really good service.

KirkJames 10-07-11 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG ZS STE (Post 214845)
i can recommend city powder coaters in brum. ?20 a corner and get a really good service.

That sounds a bit cheap, was that for a Tonka Truck lol I thought usual prices were anywhere from ?45+ per wheel. Very good price at 20 notes each!

Taphouse 10-07-11 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KirkJames (Post 214847)
That sounds a bit cheap, was that for a Tonka Truck lol I thought usual prices were anywhere from ?45+ per wheel. Very good price at 20 notes each!

Sounds normal to me, I get them done for ?25 a corner.

CyrixDes 10-07-11 08:58 AM

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll give that chap in Tamworth a bell in the week then, does he do the full refurb on them or just a touch up?

big_wasa 10-07-11 09:31 AM

I am looking for a local place. Price seems to be ?45+ a corner. Mobile will be a smart repair and will be paint. I want mine powder coated.

Ritchy 10-07-11 09:37 AM

id sugest getting powdercoat over paint, espiecially if your planning on keeping a car for over a year, prices round here average on about ?25 to ?50 a wheel