theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Dodge Avenger (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=4955)

john180 09-08-08 08:19 PM

Dodge Avenger

Went to look at the new Dodge Avenger at the weekend and they seem a very good car for the money but i'm interested in peoples opinions. I'm looking at the 2.0 Petrol SXT model.

Any thoughts on these folks??

John

Dan1971 09-08-08 08:21 PM

Link would be handy to the one you're interested in .....

john180 09-08-08 08:24 PM

i just mean generally as cars. prob looking at a brand new one.

Dan1971 09-08-08 08:31 PM

OK. Generally, my view is that it would depend on how likely you are to keep it when you're considering brand new.

I would imagine that it won't keep it's value too well, but if you intended to keep it for say 5+ years it'd be OK.

They don't seem to be at the top of the sales charts so on one hand you'd have some exclusivity, on the other, maybe a bit of a "what's that" when you come to sell. They are not really seen as cutting edge.

Personally, depending on budget and what you're after in a car, if you like it, there's a lot to be said for getting a brand new, never been driven by anyone else car.

Go for it..... after you've seen what else there is for your money, in the used market, from one of the better, more recognised marques.

big g 09-08-08 08:47 PM

For god's sake don't do it! Trust me you will regret it. Depreciation on wheels, save yourself losing 10 grand in 6 months, just set fire to your money, or send it to me and i'll spend it on Jack daniels, and lap dancers, it'll be a much more fun way to waste your money!!!

If you wan't a big american saloon, get yourself a USED 300C but make sure it has lost at least 40% of it's list price before you get your cheque book out

Greg

lukiep160 09-08-08 08:47 PM

they're cheap thats all i''m saying, i'm not a fan of dodges styling but the viper on the other hand:wub:.

i'm saving for 2010 for the new Camero to come out over here in RHD form and i get to play with them

big g 09-08-08 08:50 PM

Oh by the way other marques, big saloons, how about year old volvo S80 2.4 diesel, bit of miles on it, but 14 grand???? 50 % off in a year? there's a deal for you!!!

By the way I sell cars for a living and have done for 18 years, do NOT buy that american piece of junk, you WILL regret it

Greg

john180 09-08-08 09:12 PM

bloody hell they dont seem 2 be that good by all accounts then...

big g 09-08-08 09:17 PM

Honestly the cars may be ok, but are probably using old technology, and no one in the trade want's to own them, if someone comes in with a Chrysler, Dodge, etc etc, you just try to figure out, "how much behind book is safe" and the answer is Never enough!!!!

Sorry to rain on your parade, but stick to something european or Japanese at a push

Greg

john180 09-08-08 09:21 PM

its not like my zs is using anything like new technology. and as trade in i was offered 2.5k on a mk2 04 plate with 55k on the clock which is pretty pathetic so i intend to keep the zs what ever i decide. They do seem alot better built than the zs and the specs offered seem good too on the SXT model! I haven't driven one yet but i will be doing this coming weekend.