theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Saloon vs hatch (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=22693)

POMPSKI 18-09-12 04:58 PM

Quote:

though to be honest after seeing some of the hatches on here im starting to like them :)
Definetly, some have been made to look really stunning.

supercover 18-09-12 05:09 PM

I love the look of the saloon, especially in Mk2 form. However a hatchback is more practical. The hatch looks fine with the big wing on it too, without its a bit too Rovery for me.

Stev180 18-09-12 05:20 PM

I prefer the mk1 saloon (not biased at all!) I went from a 3 dr ZR 160 to the mk1 180 saloon, if I wanted a hatch I would have kept the ZR! Plus hatch looks a bit unfinished like the 3 series compact :whistle: lol

WalkerDnB 18-09-12 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supercover (Post 273074)
bit too Rovery for me.

I like things rovery :D

petet16 18-09-12 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stev160 (Post 273077)
I prefer the mk1 saloon (not biased at all!) I went from a 3 dr ZR 160 to the mk1 180 saloon, if I wanted a hatch I would have kept the ZR! Plus hatch looks a bit unfinished like the 3 series compact :whistle: lol

This is why I prefer the saloon, the hatch looks like they missed a bit off the end,

Sorry hatch owners:)

Dan1971 18-09-12 05:26 PM

I've had all of them - mk1 saloon and hatch - and mk2 saloon and hatch.

Looks wise I think each car can be unique. Standard my personal taste is the Mk2 saloon with the lip spoiler - but I far preferred my Mk1 saloon looks wise after it'd been personalised.

My Mk1 hatch now is improving as far as I'm concerned after adding/changing bits and I prefer it and others to a standard Mk2 saloon.:whistle:

To be fair though - there are some people who have a wee dig at the hatches - but no more than people have a wee dig at the yellow ones .... ;)

All good fun.

talkingcars 18-09-12 05:39 PM

Personally I think the saloon looks more classy on the outside and feels more classy on the inside - how many executive cars are hatchbacks?

The extreme spoiler adds to the sporty looks, even on the mk1.

If I need to use a hatch back we have a ZR, a metro and a maestro (when it's running) to choose from or I can borrow a box van, 2 flatbed vans, an 18 or 26 tonne curtainsider, several 26 tonne flat beds with a crane or even 2 40 tonne wagon and drag with crane from work so I don't need the extra carrying capacity of a hatch, and I do have 2 trailers and a tow hitch on the ZS.

Jay-ZS+ 18-09-12 05:41 PM

Ive had both MK1 and 2 and Saloon definitely has the upper hand looks wise.

Also real men drive saloons! :ninja::p

stamford 18-09-12 05:42 PM

It doesn't bother me either way, still a ZS no matter what. Before I bought my saloon I nearly bought a hatch! Saloon works for me as I prefer the big spoiler so each to their own.

Jay-ZS+ 18-09-12 05:44 PM

Oh and as far as boot space, its surprising what you can get in the saloon. Ive had car full of tools, Spare Alloys, 3m timbers, and a 2t engine crane. Its all about how to pack it in and tie the boot lid down! ;)