theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Members Cars (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Yellow Wheel. (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=27045)

daytona365 28-12-13 01:40 PM

Yellow Wheel.

Well at last, the yellow wheel is fitted.. I got up late so my mates garage was shut, so as everyone said it was easy I attempted to do it my self.

Yeah ok, EASY......................................

First you have to remove the two allen keys from behind the steering wheel that hold the airbag on. Not that easy when they seem to be done up with locktight. And as for the one on the left of the wheel. Well removing the rear bank of spark plugs is easier. I had to use a mirror to see the screw!!!

Still air bag off, undo the connector. HMMMMMMMM, as per alot of the connectors on our Zeds, they are obvious as to where to squeeze or push to get the lug off. Just to be different the airbag conncector is a lift up. Still all wires free, undo the nut. Guess what? Didint had a bog enough socket, so lock him up and run back home to get other socket set.

Wheel free, and off...Lined new one up, ****** wouldnt go on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Silly me, airbag wire still wrong side of wheel, so pulld through. Fitting was a lot easier than removal, all back together and put battery lead back on. Horn worked, indicators cancel and the SRS light came on and off when started. So not quite as easy as everyone said, unless you have already done one.....Still as the pics show, he now has a TY wheel to go with the rest of his yellowness.

Last job now is to remove that horrible metal gearknob and fit the OE one I got. I know thats "easy" too, but I have tried twice and it wont budge. May have to get the garage to do that.......

Ah the things we do for our ZEDS..........

Dave 28-12-13 02:01 PM

Looks goo there mate.

Handy tip for the future:

The wheel brace will remove the middle nut, no need for a socket etc.

Cheers
Dave

peterzs 28-12-13 02:29 PM

Well worth all that effort, looks good and Yellow.

Good tip re the wheel brace.

:clap::clap::clap:

petet16 28-12-13 02:34 PM

Great tip with the wheel brace.

The new wheel looks good.

stamford 28-12-13 02:37 PM

Looks good! :D

Where's my sunglasses..........

daytona365 28-12-13 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 328218)
Looks goo there mate.

Handy tip for the future:

The wheel brace will remove the middle nut, no need for a socket etc.

Cheers
Dave

Now everyone tells me lol....

talkingcars 28-12-13 03:02 PM

Forthed with the brace - LOL

The biggest problem I have is locating the torx screws to undo them so I quite often stand outside the car and look through the screen.

daytona365 28-12-13 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 328223)
Looks good! :D

Where's my sunglasses..........

Just wait until you see in the flesh, will have to park next to Pete, really brighten things up lol.:mbounce:

Dave 28-12-13 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daytona365 (Post 328225)
Now everyone tells me lol....

You didn't ask!!!! :p

Cheers
Dave

Dan1971 28-12-13 04:01 PM

My eyes .... my eyes .... :joker: