theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Build Projects (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   "The Project" (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=11434)

Steves Cleenz 10-03-10 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercharged_Z (Post 145053)
i dont think its this particular car tbh.

agree this one has proper WSR chassis numbers on it

lookforward to seeing this running ross :medieval:

Maxxed_Ross 11-03-10 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l4cwd (Post 144991)
looks like its outside stainless creations,is it parked there often mate,a could nip down before ma work have a wee scan at it finally meet ye!

It was indeed outside Stainless Creations, but it was just there for the day to get the exhaust made up and fitted. It'll be going back once the engine is running to have the intercooler pipework done too

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxfly (Post 144995)
Looks nae bad, whit missing/needing upgraded on her the now then?? :)

Everything :greedy:

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevG (Post 144999)
IIRC, the last time I heard it didnt have any braking system or electrical system, I think it is just a rolling chassis, that had the Playstation hooked up to the steering wheel, and the big monitor placed in front of the windscreen, but since it was bought by RSM over a year ago for £2500 from Ebay, I dont think a lot of work got actually done to it as RSM had big plans for it, although I could be wrong.

This isn't the playstation version. It was a spare full BTCC shell that was used as a mock up to sit outside the VIP tent.

RSM did quite a bit of work to it over the winter and it now has most of the fuel system, some electrics and a T-series engine 70% fitted. With a bit more work it should be running by the time I get back onshore again - or be very close to it. Certain aspects like the brakes are going to be a bit of a nightmare but it's getting there :clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ (Post 145005)
Looks great, you got any jobs going where you work???? You must be doing pretty well for youself Ross :)

Haha well this is the 3rd time I've had the deposit saved to buy a house and blown it on something daft instead :look:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattie007 (Post 145009)
Im glad someone saved it for its real purpose!

Thanks, hopefully it will get on track this year and once run in and set-up properly I'll be going to all the track days I can with it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southside_ZS (Post 145082)
Ahhh i wondered where that got to. Used to belong to Friersgate MG-Rover dealership in Tamworth was in their showroom until it closed down in late 2007. Then got moved the their other dealership in Lichfield. That then became Ford and they sold the ZS off. Then it appeared on Ebay again in Lichfield then RSM bought it.

Yeah that's the one. Thanks for that info, I didn't know the exact details of what had happened with it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steves Cleenz (Post 145129)
agree this one has proper WSR chassis numbers on it

lookforward to seeing this running ross :medieval:

It does indeed :clap: I can't wait to take it out and see what it can do

Tony10 11-03-10 12:54 PM

I am looking forward to this one being finished and running. Looks great all ready Ross!

LozMachine 13-03-10 01:56 PM

Looks great mate, hope the build goes well,
Now then Ross, about those arches............................................ ...:kissing2:

Maxxed_Ross 13-03-10 04:52 PM

haha, you'd need 50mm spacers all round if you had them on a road car!

RalphG 19-03-10 04:52 PM

If you need an engine for this project I have a very nice 2.0L supercharged engine that was being developed for use in a production ZS.

Maxxed_Ross 19-03-10 06:25 PM

hmmmm tempting

how much?

Tony10 22-03-10 11:41 AM

uh-oh! supercharged? :crazy:

Maxxed_Ross 22-03-10 01:09 PM

haha I wish, it's going to to cost too much I think

GTMSpyder 22-03-10 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EMS Ltd. (Post 146529)
If you need an engine for this project I have a very nice 2.0L supercharged engine that was being developed for use in a production ZS.

Is that the Janspeed built one with Eaton blower mounted on the side and Omega forged pistons?? Approx 250 bhp IIRC?