theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Doh! (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=10912)

StragglaSteve 26-01-10 11:35 AM

Doh!

Just got a letter through the door from the Police...

Seems i have been cought speeding :(

1st time since i have held my full licence! (5 years) what sort of fine/points should i be expecting?

any of you rozzers know any loopholes to get me out of this? ;) HAHA! last thing i need in my current financial standing is a bloody fine!!

stamford 26-01-10 11:37 AM

Oh dear, just take it like a man!

No idea on what happens as I have only been driving since '82 and not been caught.............................yet!

dvid 26-01-10 12:32 PM

As above, not had one yet! Depends how fast / how much over the limit doesnt it?

arwilson80 26-01-10 12:50 PM

My guess is £60 & 3 points (that's what i got for doing in the mid 90's MPH :slap: - 'give me your license please' is 97), unless... they have asked you to appear in court. At which point it's at the courts discression.

Dan1971 26-01-10 01:57 PM

3 points and I think £80 ....

What date was the offence ? What date was the notification of impending prosecution sent ?

midcuk 26-01-10 03:20 PM

worth having a look on the pistonheads forum some usefull information on there :)

Jay-ZS+ 26-01-10 04:24 PM

Will depend where you are I believe the gf has just had one! :laugh: made me laugh as she moans about my driving! anyway she was offered 3point and £60 fine or the fine and the speed workshop. Although believe here you can only do the workshop when under 36mph

peterzs 26-01-10 04:52 PM

If you can, go for the re-education, it costs a bit more than just the fine and points, but you dont get points, so insurance stays the same.

I think its if you got caught by a static camera, I was zapped by a hand held one and I did ask but told no!!!

:smile2::smile2::smile2:

SheppeyTrio 26-01-10 05:28 PM

Just heard from a work colleague and a speeding fine has been sent to him, as he is the official owner (although he knew nothing about it?? Me thinks the boss is doing something dodgy!!), but i'm afraid it was me speeding, so he's giving them my name and address! OOopps!!! My last speeding offence was 3 years ago and it was £60 and 3 points for doing 62mph through roadworks ,50 mph, on the motorway. Just as i was thinking i was gonna get rid of those points!! So i'm expecting about the same fine etc this time round for doing about 39mph in a 30. :( Not sure about the education bit though, i've heard it's worse than the points as it stays on your record for longer???? Does any of our :police: friends know how long the points stay on your license??

SimonMGZS 26-01-10 05:41 PM

points stay on your licence for four years.mine have been on my licence for ten years now

i am getting my removed automatically when i renew my photo on my licence

cost of renewing photo and automatic removal of points £20