theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   'Do stuff' meets (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=22637)

Smokey 14-09-12 06:08 PM

I'll soon have seats to swap over lol!

theboynoz 14-09-12 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterzs (Post 272302)
Got as far as taking my wheels off to check the pads.

Fronts looked OK but the rears were low.

Read up how to, put a spanner on it and it was solid, with the thoughts of Smokey and his rounding the bolts off, put it all back and took it to a local garage.

Charged just under £50 to fit my supplied pads.

Still got my front pads to fit!!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mine is off to the garage to get tge rear pads and discs done for the same reason.... 50 to do the job too!

Captain Peanut 14-09-12 11:58 PM

I think it's a great idea. Would love to learn how to do the slightly more involved jobs (timing belt, head gasket, clutch replacement) and get to put names to faces.

Have managed most jobs so far (brakes, cv joints etc) so happy to hel others with what I can too.

waynester 15-09-12 03:50 AM

Yep, great idea! Be nice to meet people & look at cars. Getting a second opinion on any issues & perhaps fixes would be very useful..:)

Ritchy 15-09-12 11:51 AM

sounds good but its always worthwhile having at least 1 person there that really knows what they are doing to instruct ect, also can end up with a too many cooks scenario, when helping stu in the past fling engines in and out,(think 3 there now) had issues with people putting bits on wrong, or putting things on loose, not telling people the bits are loose, then when it comes to starting theres an issue and your having to look back through it all again.
usually a good weekend though, would advise a box of nitrile gloves as can save a sink 10 people washing oily hands in there afterwards

peterzs 15-09-12 01:12 PM

Some good points Ritchy, like the gloves tip!!

Nobrainer 15-09-12 05:59 PM

It might be nice to have a 'subject' to entice people. Easier to do the same job a couple of times if they are more major and just fit little bits around that. What about Sunday 23rd at Sams (ZS). We can strip his car as well. I'll make a suggestion of basic/ more advanced servicing as a theme but open to other suggestions.

peterzs 15-09-12 06:10 PM

Typical, off to Halfway House meet Brentwood 23/9/12.

ZS 15-09-12 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobrainer (Post 272503)
It might be nice to have a 'subject' to entice people. Easier to do the same job a couple of times if they are more major and just fit little bits around that. What about Sunday 23rd at Sams (ZS). We can strip his car as well. I'll make a suggestion of basic/ more advanced servicing as a theme but open to other suggestions.

Thats a great Idea, except for one thing... I'll be driving back from Stoke-On-Trent on the 23rd! :whistle:

peterzs 15-09-12 06:49 PM

Whens best for you then Sam??