theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Build Projects (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   XPG 180 update (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=31413)

mattie007 17-02-18 07:03 PM

XPG 180 update

Not been on for a while due to work commitments, but the 180 is finally going away next weekend (a year after I got her!) to have some major work done. She's been tucked up since Christmas as some of the electrics failed meaning no wipers, lights, horn, alarm, radio, lights.
As much as liked the look of the motobuild springs, i'll be upgrading to some brand new xpower eibach springs, new bushes all round, upgraded brakes and a tidy up of the bodywork and full service, cant wait to get back on the road!

peterzs 17-02-18 08:06 PM

Wow, sounds pricy, well done for sorting it out and not breaking it.

:):):)

sneekyparrot 18-02-18 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattie007 (Post 377439)
Not been on for a while due to work commitments, but the 180 is finally going away next weekend (a year after I got her!) to have some major work done. She's been tucked up since Christmas as some of the electrics failed meaning no wipers, lights, horn, alarm, radio, lights.
As much as liked the look of the motobuild springs, i'll be upgrading to some brand new xpower eibach springs, new bushes all round, upgraded brakes and a tidy up of the bodywork and full service, cant wait to get back on the road!

awesome, keep the pictures flowing.

defo right move with the springs :-))

P.

mattie007 18-02-18 03:54 PM

Shall do. Just been to give her a good wash before she goes away at the weekend. I don't think it'll cost too much, theres a list of about 20 jobs, but when done she should be as good as new. Wish I could do them myself but don't have the time or skills unfortunatly.

stamford 18-02-18 07:01 PM

Excellent! Well worth doing and the investment I say.

Dan1971 19-02-18 07:40 AM

Awesome.

Fingers crossed all goes well. What's the timescale?

mattie007 20-02-18 10:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 377451)
Excellent! Well worth doing and the investment I say.

Cheers Mick, taken a while due to work commitments but should come out even better than she is now :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan1971 (Post 377455)
Awesome.

Fingers crossed all goes well. What's the timescale?

Going away this weekend, a chap up in Scunthorpe is collecting her then giving her the treatment. He builds race cars and restores classics so in good hands. I’m in no rush but I’d have thought back within a month. Springs arrived today 😍

Maxfly 21-02-18 06:28 PM

Lovely stuff, looking forward to the after pictures mate. Be good to hear your thoughts on how the eibachs compare too, would assume they will give a much nicer drive.
Do you think you would be able to get progress pictures at all? Always good to see work being done :)

mattie007 22-02-18 08:05 PM

I'll try to get regular updates although the car will be 100 miles away.
From speaking to others with the eibachs, they cant be compared to the motobuilds for handling and performance. I do like the way it sits now but will still be low on the new springs, plus love the green colour!

mattie007 31-03-18 08:51 PM

A few goodies purchased from Paul today, Quaife LSD and front and rear strut braces. Along with the eibach Xpower springs the car should go well when fitted. Hopefully it'll all be done for the summer.