theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Smokey's site track day car (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Newest Site Track Car update! (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=23949)

Smokey 04-01-13 06:02 PM

Newest Site Track Car update!

Well, it's been a while since the engine was delivered to Marcus but now the wheels are turning again (figuratively!)

Ross (of the Maxxed variety) is coming on the 10th to collect the track car and deliver it to Marcus so that it may be united with its new heart!

A few weeks later, I will be available and will try to find as many willing volunteers as possible, to do the transplant and get it going once more

Won't be too long before its first shakedown on the track and hopefully plenty more fun filled sessions for site members!!

talkingcars 04-01-13 06:05 PM

Q. How many theMGZS members does it take to fit a KV6?

A. As many as possible, more if there are bacon rolls.

Dan1971 04-01-13 06:05 PM

Yey .... Be good to hear about it getting sorted and given a thorough thrashing again ....

grimmy 04-01-13 06:05 PM

Ah the text now makes sense working until the weekend.

Cally180 04-01-13 06:13 PM

Mmmm bacon rolls :D

BUCKYDEVIL 04-01-13 06:14 PM

Looking forward to this and getting the Track car show up & running for 2013.
James I will be sure to keep the Bacon rolls flowing with cups o tea a plenty
As I wont too much help with mechanicals,
Should be a good laugh & learning experience, will let you know my Rosta Blair as it will be sorted after the Wkend.

Smokey 04-01-13 06:27 PM

That'd be awesome mate, hopefully it won't be too much like a drop in centre and we can get it done in a focussed 2-3 day session!

daytona365 04-01-13 06:37 PM

Shame you too far away, my bacon rolls are famous. Just ask Pete........highlight of the Bromley Car Show mmmmmmmm

peterzs 04-01-13 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daytona365 (Post 290491)
Shame you too far away, my bacon rolls are famous. Just ask Pete........highlight of the Bromley Car Show mmmmmmmm

YUMMMY,YUMMMY, but not only bacon rolls, sausage rolls, then both with or without fried eggs. And the onions, think we could have made a few bob!!!!!

Smokey, dont get rid of the trashed engine till you have the other one installed and running.

I thought we were going to strip the engine and started pulling off the alternator, but Sam decided to leave all the ancillaries on. Butttttt, the top bolt on the alternator is missing, quite a long one, would hate to hold the rebuild up.

Good luck with it Guys, Talkingcars engine lift made it easy, getting it out, would recommend hiring/borrowing one. Even though they are so called light engines, still a heavy old lump.

;);)

stamford 04-01-13 09:06 PM

Good news, worth a trip up north for the bacon rolls!