theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Has anybody fitted the side boot / luggage net ?? (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=9397)

rbull51 10-09-09 02:43 PM

Has anybody fitted the side boot / luggage net ??

I have bought the boot tidy / luggage net that fits on the side of the boot (saloon) but the instructions that come with it are shocking!! Has anyone got any pictures of one fitted??

Zippy Saloon 10-09-09 06:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got this pic of one (in hatchback though - saloon must be similar) from accessories brochure.
Can you scan instructions, with a head scratching session someone may be able to come up with solution.

mattie007 11-09-09 10:42 PM

I bought one a year ago and still haven't fitted it. Instructions are crap, they just tell you to drill in random places!

Zippy Saloon 12-09-09 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattie007 (Post 119908)
Instructions are crap

When I first got the Zed I bought a genuine MGR rear seat cover for the dogs. Not cheap so I thought it would be good, arrived and it has so many holes and slots for seat belts, headrests etc it hardly qualifies as a cover! Couple of ties for location and a suggestion to basically tuck it in around cushions as much as possible, instructions were a poor photocopy of a poor photocopy of a poor photocopy of a poor photocopy etc etc - hardly readable.
Got a feeling someone popped down the market and bought a cover for about 75p then MGR put about £30 on before selling it.
This from a company that was supposedly aiming for the top end of the market!

Zippy Saloon 12-09-09 06:21 AM

Had a look on xpart site and found this:
http://www.mgroveraccessories.com/sh...kit/index.html
Trouble is that these "kits" often seem to be 2 screws and a washer - cannot tell what this one includes

talkingcars 12-09-09 07:10 AM

All the Xpart accesories I've bought have had really good instructions.

These were boot mounted triangle and drivers lumber support (didn't realise the 180 already had one). I'm sure there was something else but I can't remember what.

Zippy Saloon 12-09-09 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talkingcars (Post 119920)
All the Xpart accesories I've bought have had really good instructions.

As a general rule I'd agree, front fogs, triangle, sun blind, aux socket, rechargeable torch and even the load liner (which you simply put in the boot, NOT rocket science!), just the seat cover was disappointing / appalling - iirc it did come with a nice reusable bag

talkingcars 12-09-09 12:22 PM

I guess you need to fit the fixings where they touch, just don't drill through external panels. I've ordered the ZR version ao will let you know what I think when it arrives.

Jay-ZS+ 12-09-09 12:28 PM

On my hatch behind the carpet on the right there was some metal brackets pretty sure they had some holes in them that im guessing are where you want to screw in, Why dont you pop the carpet out and have a look see if the holes would line up and if so can transfer them across to drill through the carpet? Just a thought

rbull51 12-09-09 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zippy Saloon (Post 119933)
As a general rule I'd agree, front fogs, triangle, sun blind, aux socket, rechargeable torch and even the load liner (which you simply put in the boot, NOT rocket science!), just the seat cover was disappointing / appalling - iirc it did come with a nice reusable bag

All these little extra's....hhmmmm. What do you mean by aux socket? Is it a rear ciagrette lighter? Where did you get them all from?
Quote:

Originally Posted by talkingcars (Post 119946)
I guess you need to fit the fixings where they touch, just don't drill through external panels. I've ordered the ZR version ao will let you know what I think when it arrives.

What have you ordered?