theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   MOT today (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=11367)

stamford 05-03-10 10:45 AM

MOT today

The time soon comes around, checked it over as most of you will know it was sorn'd last September and recently re-commissioned quite quickly as the Discovery is not roadworthy since the RTA. It went in today at the VW dealer in scumhampton where my brother-in-law works.

I had a call to say it will fail due to the XPower sunstrip incroaching into the screen area too much...............told him to rip it off then. Had a text to say it flew through : :w00t:

My lovely zed has never failed me yet since its first MOT! :yay:

Maxfly 05-03-10 11:07 AM

Top notch, another mot pass:D

Sammo69 05-03-10 11:46 AM

Nice one! I hate MOT time! But at least for me this year it gave me the excuse to put the stainless on! :happy:

arwilson80 05-03-10 12:13 PM

I wouldn't have expected any less... :)

Marky Mark 05-03-10 12:18 PM

Hey nice one Mick, your's is well looked after good news, Congratulations!! :punk:

grimmy 05-03-10 12:26 PM

quality stuff Mick see she is doing everything she can to make you keep her on the road

Jay-ZS+ 05-03-10 12:41 PM

Nice one Mick glad to hear its back on the road :)

stamford 05-03-10 01:59 PM

In the five years I have had it I have only suffered one failure when the clutch slave broke. Other than that and the usual plenum and vis issues it has been superb :thumbsup: It is out in all weathers and has been sorn'd twice for many winter months and still never lets me down. It is without doubt the most reliable car I have ever owned and I have had quite a few over 27 years!

Jay-ZS+ 05-03-10 02:03 PM

Talking about plenum...isnt there a fix on the way???! :fishing: :laugh:

p_b82 05-03-10 03:18 PM

Congrats on another pass...

mine has only failed on tyres (un-even wear on the rears - inside edge so i missed it with a visual check)

have a few advisories every year as well - one is re-occuring due to a chip in the windscreen that is not 'in the way' enoughto fail but close enough they want to mention it all the time :laugh:

stamford 05-03-10 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay-ZS+ (Post 144172)
Talking about plenum...isnt there a fix on the way???! :fishing: :laugh:

Yes, after the winter break and starting to clear the garage of junk I should be able to resume the work now I can find things!

peterzs 05-03-10 04:10 PM

Good news, always a nice feeling when they get through.

:smile1::smile1::smile1::smile1::smile1:

Ritchy 05-03-10 04:45 PM

congats! they usually go through no problem! any advisorys>?

baz1888 05-03-10 05:30 PM

mine past on tuesday great stuff!thot it would fail due to dodgy exhaust,but quick weld round the existing factory weld worked well,cant wait for the good weather and get it back to its shining best!

stamford 05-03-10 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ritchyp (Post 144195)
congats! they usually go through no problem! any advisorys>?

No, all clean. Funny thing is I had two left over from the last one that I hadn't done and they weren't picked up! :whistle:

starfire039 05-03-10 08:41 PM

Expected no less from the beast! Further proof that the ZS is one of the most under rated cars you can buy, and for the price you can pick them up for are an absolute steal, I would not consider any other car!

Ritchy 05-03-10 09:01 PM

lol well checked:P i had the strict moter at work n he said theyre was the smallest amount of play in the track rod end, so 2 new track rod ends and track rods, changing one,change it all i say

stamford 05-03-10 10:42 PM

They are pretty hot here too, the last two advisories were pedantic, chips in the screen, hardly noticeable and a gaitor that was 'ageing', nothing wrong with it as I checked it over, was only discoloured not cracked.