theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Car insurance who do you use? (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=22245)

POMPSKI 06-08-12 04:14 PM

Another Flux fan here. Modification did not add any to hte policy, £100 overall excess.

MG 53 ZED 06-08-12 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POMPSKI (Post 266985)
Another Flux fan here. Modification did not add any to hte policy, £100 overall excess.

Same for me aswell, gave me the best price fully comp.

_lecro_ 06-08-12 07:20 PM

Just had a renewal quote from Admiral and they wanted £750 phoned there customer service to see if they could price match Swiftcover who quoted me £325 ... but the best they could do was £725. :ohmy:

When i said i wanted to cancel they said id have to send a copy of my insurance policy to them with a cover note saying i wished to cancel..so i said its ok ill just cancel my renewal payment.
Girl on the phone didnt seem too happy about that but finally agreed to send a pre paid envelope to send it in :).. needless to say i wont be sending anything .

As if Swiftcover's quote wasn't good enough after sending off my proof of NCB i got an email back today saying id got it wrong and i was entitled to 2 years more NCB than i had been quoted ..
and there crediting me with £8.06 id over paid :happy2:

POMPSKI 06-08-12 07:21 PM

No matter how cheap swiftcover are, I would never go with them again.

_lecro_ 06-08-12 07:47 PM

Care to expand on that ?

daytona365 06-08-12 08:15 PM

I find, its best to look around. A company that was expensive last year may be cheaper this year. With Hastings Direct at mo, but they were out of the running last year! My premium at mo is £369.49. One reason its cheap is I said NO to legal cover, and breakdown. You have to be careful of the "add ons" I have my own legal and breakdown. Garage, limited mileage, plus my job is low risk. Lucky I live in a low risk postcode..............Its not easy...

andy-81 06-08-12 08:31 PM

Yeah adding on to the post code thing,it does make a large difference I was pi55ing about on the confused.com site and I put my post code in and it was 359.24 and then put in my grans postcode and it was 30 quid cheaper!!

daytona365 06-08-12 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-81 (Post 267022)
Yeah adding on to the post code thing,it does make a large difference I was pi55ing about on the confused.com site and I put my post code in and it was 359.24 and then put in my grans postcode and it was 30 quid cheaper!!

Very true. When I was still married, my car a Rover 214SEi was insured with the co-op. I moved out and stayed with my parents in a much nicer part of the town. Clean, could leave doors open you know... Anyway rang up the insurance to tell them my new addy, they wanted another £90!!! I said why? Reason my new postcode had more claims than the old one. I said thats cos no-one in my old area had insurance to claim on lol. They said sorry, £90 please.

Thats why where I live, its so cheap, as I live above a shopping estate, so the majority of postcodes dont have car insurance, so the claims per person are very low. :rofl::rofl:

guru 07-08-12 12:48 AM

My cars are a mix of Swiftcover and Tesco, although Swiftcover quoted less on all 3 last year I couldn't be bothered to move my policy over for the sake of a tenner.
I've very lucky to live in the middle of what must be one of the cheapest postcodes in England for insurance. My ZT-T 190 came in at £230 this year, although oddly the renewal on the ZS is actually higher at £280!!!! Must just be down to the theft risk / accident rates on the 2 cars I guess.

mattie007 07-08-12 09:10 AM

Chris Knott for me. For the last 3 years I've paid £250. 26, 7 years NCB, all mods declared.