theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What should i sell her for when washers dont work (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=21548)

Jem 10-06-12 05:03 PM

What should i sell her for when washers dont work

Im still looking into this problem so really i would prefer to sell the ZS with the washers working,But i dont want to pay loads of money to get the washers working. I could:

Put a seperate button in for the washers Or sell it with the washers not working

Now if i sell it with washers not working what sort of money should i sell it for,Be ok if i knew about cars so then i could put a new relay in myself which would then cost not much.

Would it put you off buying a car with the washers not working?

welshone 10-06-12 05:16 PM

Tell the truth, it wouldn't put me off but might haggle a bit more off :laugh:

ZS 10-06-12 05:20 PM

If the washers dont work its an MOT failure... so probably a lot less than you want, plus it would put most people off anyway.

If its as simple as a relay that has gone I would replace it, simple quick job that makes your car much more saleable.

If you were closer I'd suggest popping the car round and I'd take a quick look :)

talkingcars 10-06-12 05:37 PM

Do you know why they don't work?

Can you hear the motor running when you activate the switch?
You may have to open the bonnet to hear, the bottle is at the front drivers side.

Is there water in the bottle?

If yes to both of these then are you in a hatch, is the back working?

If still yes try disconnecting the hose from the actual jets on the underside of the bonnet, if you get water then the jets are blocked.

I'd spend a few minutes checking the simple bits.

Jem 10-06-12 06:45 PM

Its been confirmed its definitely the relay in the SCU,Checked all fuses pumps are also fine.

The rear stopped working last year and the front stopped this year just after the mot,So i guess i was lucky.

I would either sell it private with all my sound system in it to add for the washers not working,Or trade it in without my soundsystem then let the garage sort out the problem.

If i sell it private i was hoping i might able to sell it to someone who might have the knowledge of cars so they could easily sort it out without it being much hassle for them.

I am waiting to hear if the washers can be bypassed so it goes straight to the battery just like my horn does.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZS (Post 258045)
If you were closer I'd suggest popping the car round and I'd take a quick look :)

Nice offer cheers shame im to far..

talkingcars 10-06-12 09:14 PM

It'd be worth getting the BCU repaired, I'm sure some one on here could do it for sensible money.

Or sell it through the forum.

Jem 10-06-12 09:20 PM

I might sell it through the forum if i cant get it fixed without having to take the centre console out.