theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   ZS180 v Scooby WRX (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=18481)

daytona365 18-09-11 07:13 PM

ZS180 v Scooby WRX

Was such a nice day today, I had fixed my ZEDs little probs ( Door handle), gave him a wash. Decided to go for a little spin in the sunshine. Found some nice twisty B roads not far from me, and boy was it fun. The 180 is so responsive just kept in 3rd and 4th. Then after about 20mins, noticed a Scooby WRX in my way, with the blue paint and all the 555 stickers. I just carried on blasting round the bends, and the thing just couldnt get away. We came to a petrol station and we both pulled in. The driver asked me what I had under the bonnet, I just said normal 2.5v6, the scooby driver said he thought it was souped as he has been trying to lose me. That made my day. The ZS is still a match for these imposters.......:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

KevG 18-09-11 07:16 PM

If it was a UK spec Scoob, then the 180 will pi$$ all over it, but if it is an import then either the driver just cannot get the car going or the scoob is knackered.

daytona365 18-09-11 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevG (Post 223022)
If it was a UK spec Scoob, then the 180 will pi$$ all over it, but if it is an import then either the driver just cannot get the car going or the scoob is knackered.

So not that the ZS180 when driven by someone who knows how to drive just cant be pulled away from????????????????????????????:thumbsup::thumbsu p:

Bobdope2002 18-09-11 07:49 PM

The ZS180 wouldn't stand a cahnce against a souped up scoob that is all

daytona365 18-09-11 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobdope2002 (Post 223028)

The scoobys by you must be souped up then, cos I kept up with a McRae shape in just my 214SEi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mind you almost all the Sccoby drivers near me are brain dead lol:clap2::clap2: If you brake too early, mess up the corners and dont accelerate until minutes later, you dont deserve to own a car like that, drive your dads toyota corolla...........

Supercharged_Z 18-09-11 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobdope2002 (Post 223028)

I can tell you that your wrong.

I am yet to find a scoob on track that can really push the zs through its paces. infact i find that in the corners the scoob has far to much transmission loss to cope with the fast cornering ZS.

Also not all, but a lot of scoob drivers just think cause there in a scoob they are super fast and super fly, when infact they have no idea on how to drive the car to its full potential.

You would need a zs with usual mods but there a fairly easy beat.

Dan1971 18-09-11 08:23 PM

And "the Stig" would do the lot of you in a diesel Astra, or the German bird in a Transit van ....

Zs is a good car.
Scooby is a good car.

Both very fast if in the right hands.

S13AVO 18-09-11 08:28 PM

A lot of Scooby drivers around my way, and not one has been able to touch me in my 180, only thing that has dogged me so far is a M5, but yet on the cornering was catching him up again :-)

Bobdope2002 18-09-11 08:31 PM

A moderatley sooped up scoob 250bhp vs a 180 no chance in the straights mebbe in the corners as for keeping up with one in a 214 I don't believe you

Edit: come to think of it I actually showed up one of those Suzuki swifts yesterday on a roundabout he went round it on near enough 2 wheels I went round and I was so much quicker I had to undertake June off the roundabout

Dave MGT 18-09-11 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercharged_Z (Post 223030)
I can tell you that your wrong.

I am yet to find a scoob on track that can really push the zs through its paces. infact i find that in the corners the scoob has far to much transmission loss to cope with the fast cornering ZS.

Also not all, but a lot of scoob drivers just think cause there in a scoob they are super fast and super fly, when infact they have no idea on how to drive the car to its full potential.

You would need a zs with usual mods but there a fairly easy beat.

I agree.
I have yet to have a scooby overtake me on road or track.
They arent as fast as people make out. They need at least 300bhp+ in my book.
Even then on track a 180 driven properly wouldnt have a problem!