theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Build Projects (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Stamford’s ZS180 (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=25692)

ZS Phil 01-05-17 10:50 PM

Both screens I've had taken out broke so probably not worth the risk. Heated screen isn't cheap but the best way I think.
The arches look good, going to need some low offset wide wheels to fill them up!

talkingcars 02-05-17 08:07 PM

One advantage of the heated screen is weight, another is noise.

Dan1971 02-05-17 09:04 PM

What is it that you are actually trying to achieve with this Mick?

stamford 02-05-17 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan1971 (Post 375209)
What is it that you are actually trying to achieve with this Mick?

What part? All of it. or the recent posts?

Dan1971 03-05-17 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 375210)
What part? All of it. or the recent posts?

The bodywork and I suppose the stripping out. Are you actually looking to make some sort of BTCC replica, track it, show it, look a bit mean popping to Tescos with it being road legal; Just wondering - what's the target with it?

stamford 03-05-17 09:10 AM

Seeing this is just the track car I may as well do what I can. Plus the pro-race wheels rub on my settings so decided to modify the wheel arches as I did when I raced hotrods on the ovals. BTCC kit will never happen so next best thing. So mainly track orientated with presence when on the road when used. At least it will be different.

Dan1971 03-05-17 10:38 AM

Just had a look at some of the BTCC images. I see why your are drawn to it especially taking into consideration your willingness and ability to modify the bodywork yourself. Fair play.

stamford 03-05-17 11:37 AM

The changes being made are not straight forward and need planning and some thinking before cutting metal or plastic. Seeing that I used to build cars and roll cages I guess it is more about being confident and knowing what you are doing and how to get around problems when they arise etc. If I can fit a V8 into a Vauxhall Chevette anything is possible!

Let's be clear here, it'll never be a show car! It is more to do with this is what you can do if you have a crack at it and fits its purpose. Plus if taken to the odd show it'll be a contrast to the really nice zeds we have on here and other forums etc.

daytona365 03-05-17 09:06 PM

Just as long as you never get rid, we will be happy..Its still a ZS, under all the mods....

p_b82 04-05-17 12:08 PM

I think there is a certain beauty in functional mods verses form ones anyway!

I had a mini debate on the Mustang forum about a guy who's got a 350R replica wheel - complete with the centre marker, which on a road car to me is utter pointless.

He then got into the needs/wants aspect and I pointed out on my ZS because I've wanted to X change I've needed to do Y change and each and all of them have served a purpose to make it "better" in terms of performance around a track - rather than look pretty....

The fact that it is off the raods because I've made mistakes along the way is neither here nor there :D

I think the car will look epic when done - and be fit for purpose too!