theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   Build Projects (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   My MG ZS repair diary (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=15354)

dida4g 22-01-11 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dida4g (Post 190096)
Things I need,

front bumper bar,
Radiator with AC and twin fans,

Bit of good luck yesterday,
Bumper bar £10.
Rad and A/C with twin fans, airbox and spare air flow sensor all for £60.

peterzs 22-01-11 02:47 PM

Sounds a bargain, be up and running soon.

:yay::yay::wave::wave::wave:

andys1981 22-01-11 06:42 PM

i used a ratchet strap,a tree,and one of my mates to pull the back end out on my old zs,worked a treat

talkingcars 23-01-11 08:09 AM

I must admit I find the idea of car and rope a bit scary as a jig, so easy to over do it, I prefer the ratchet strap and tree or 4x4 with electric winch methods.

ZS 23-01-11 08:42 AM

I've used the car method a couple of times when I have done bodywork for friends before :)

Its fine, you just get the owner of the car your fixing to drive the "jig" car... that way they pay extra special attention to what you say and if they pull too far you can blame them ;) lol

dida4g 27-01-11 05:26 AM

Quick update.
Fitted the AC condenser and Rad, I now have heat....Woohoo, couldn't get the fan to came on even after half an hour, the temp stayed below half though.
I pressed the AC button and the fans spin, just needs a re-gas and it's good to go.

peterzs 27-01-11 09:23 AM

My derv always runs about half way on the temp gauge, even in the hot weather last year.

Think the only time its come on was after a few laps at Brands, when they recommend just sitting with the engine running, after you finish.

Good to see one going back on the road, for a change.

:smile1::smile1::smile1:

caled 27-01-11 10:57 AM

Thanks for keeping us updated, Ive been watching this with interest. All good work!
Looking forward to seeing how the bumper comes out.

peterzs 27-01-11 01:58 PM

I got shot down on one of the forums (not this one) for suggesting the guy got his slightly damaged bumper, (just a crack), back from the repairers and fiberglassed it back up.

On the tv programme where they buy 2nd hand cars, do them up and flog them, the mechanic guy even showed you how to do it.

Main thing was to drill a hole at the end of the crack, this stops it from carrying on. Bit of fiberglass, filler, flatting back, paint and as good as new!!

dida4g 28-01-11 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterzs (Post 191901)
I got shot down on one of the forums (not this one) for suggesting the guy got his slightly damaged bumper, (just a crack), back from the repairers and fiberglassed it back up.

On the tv programme where they buy 2nd hand cars, do them up and flog them, the mechanic guy even showed you how to do it.

Main thing was to drill a hole at the end of the crack, this stops it from carrying on. Bit of fiberglass, filler, flatting back, paint and as good as new!!

Wheeler dealers, I saw that episode.