theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Track day Blyton Park 7/2/16 (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=30529)

ZS Phil 26-01-16 09:43 PM

Track day Blyton Park 7/2/16

Just booked onto a Javelin track day at Blyton on Sunday 7th Feb.

It's only £99 for all day, go on and come off as you please.

I've seen on the entry list there is another ZS and also a TF.

Wondering if anybody else fancies it. No experience is necessary, once you've done one, you won't want to stop!

Lukeus101 27-01-16 07:09 AM

Blyton is a good track Phil, have you been before? I can't remember...chances are you have ;)

ZS Phil 27-01-16 09:07 AM

This will be my 4th time there. Trying to return to the same place after I'm making changes so I can compare.
Its a great track for beginners such as myself, there are literally no obstacles to hit if you come off.

I'm surprised how few are keen to track their cars, would be a great excuse for a meet up and actually do some driving rather than just standing round. I do love the shows but they don't compare to this type of thing in my opinion.

JOHNDQ 27-01-16 09:30 AM

I wont be ready by then unfortunately :hang: Agree tho all people want to do now is show you how well they can clean there cars really they would be better off with Rovers and a flat cap lol

stamford 27-01-16 10:10 AM

That's why my car will never be a show car, too rough around the edges now, it is a car to be used!

p_b82 27-01-16 10:11 AM

Yeah ZS is not in fit state currently... and that weekend I am stripping oil from floorboards to then varnish in a different colour..... the joys!

I do agree, the whole "stand around in a shopping carpark" aspect of meets is less of an interest to me than the sitting around having some food and natter - or going for a bit of a drive....

Good luck and hope your tweaking is netting you results :)

daytona365 27-01-16 06:42 PM

Id love to come, but have a prior engagement.....My Zed has been round Brands 4 times on track days. Totally unaltered from stock and he still goes round like he is on rails...................Would be nice to try and arrange a track day with other members...

splinter 27-01-16 06:54 PM

I'd be there mate but cars sorn atm and don't think the Mrs would appreciate me borrowing her Aygo. Could be fun though!

All this cleaning cars and carparks is also not really me either although it's nice to get together and have a chat every now and then. Think I could have won dirtiest zs last year at blackboy if they'd had that category!

Will be doing a few trackdays this year with Mg on track and maybe blyton as its not far from me. Have fun

WonderSheep 27-01-16 07:00 PM

We did a BRM meet at Blyton last year and theres also a cheap camp site up the road, plus a local pub/B&B within walking distance of camp site. Makes it quite convenient for club/forum gatherings. :)

ZS Phil 31-01-16 11:44 AM

So it seems like the consensus is that people are up for some track time...

I know when I post them up they are usually at short notice so maybe that is putting people off.

Would anybody be interested in organising a site track day in a few months so people can plan for it in advance?