theMGZS.co.uk  :: MG ZS forum

theMGZS.co.uk :: MG ZS forum (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   MOT Query (https://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=21373)

Bobdope2002 29-05-12 02:45 PM

MOT Query

1) Ive lost the old MOT certificate Ive looked all over for it and i cant find it i dont need it do I??

2) My Test runs out on the 15th of the month what is the earliest i can take it along it usually says on the Certificate but because ive lost it like a numpty i dunno

Cheers

Tim

stamford 29-05-12 03:09 PM

You can put in for it now, but seeing you don't have the current one you won't get a follow on from the 15th if it passes.

DuckFeet 29-05-12 03:14 PM

Isn't it all on computer now? I'm sure I've done the same but I cannot remember if it followed on or not.

Bobdope2002 29-05-12 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 255967)
You can put in for it now, but seeing you don't have the current one you won't get a follow on from the 15th if it passes.

?????

Soory mate im being thick does that mean if i take it in now i will have to do it again after the 15th because i dont have the currentr certificate????

youve confused me

stamford 29-05-12 03:21 PM

Okay Tim nice but...............

Your MOT expires on the 15th? If you booked it in today and it passed the test and if you had the current MOT, they would print it as passed today but expires on the 15th the following year.

If you do not have the certificate and it passed today then it will run from today and expire in a years time from today.

Bobdope2002 29-05-12 03:21 PM

Panic over ive fount the certificate was for some reason in the boot of my car gawd knos why

Bobdope2002 29-05-12 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 255971)

Your MOT expires on the 15th? If you booked it in today and it passed the test and if you had the current MOT, they would print it as passed today but expires on the 15th the following year.

If you do not have the certificate and it passed today then it will run from today and expire in a years time from today.

andy-81 29-05-12 09:52 PM

i think the middle part of your username is quite apt mate! ;)

ZS 29-05-12 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamford (Post 255971)

Its changed Mick, its all computerised and these crappy ink jet printed on plain paper certificates mean if you loose them your mot date is preserved now...

Ritchy 29-05-12 09:57 PM

yeah as above dont need the old certificate, its all online, up to 28 days ahead you can put it in:)